Mounting LT1 MAF and maintaining stock appearance.

johnsmallberries

When replacing the stock MAF with the LT1, the LT1 doesn't have the mounting bolts like the factory MAF did. Is anyone using the LT1 MAF with the translator while maintaining a stock appearance? There was a link to a post about stuffing the MAF in the airbox, but the link doesn't work anymore.
Thank you.

There was a link to a post about stuffing the MAF in the airbox, but the link doesn't work anymore.
Thank you.
Probably good the link is gone. A MAF has no business being located in turbulent air flow.
As for your other ?. Not aware of any methods.

When replacing the stock MAF with the LT1, the LT1 doesn't have the mounting bolts like the factory MAF did. Is anyone using the LT1 MAF with the translator while maintaining a stock appearance? There was a link to a post about stuffing the MAF in the airbox, but the link doesn't work anymore.
Thank you.
I'm still using the stock flex tube and LT-1 maf into that, than took the stock plastic elbow that goes to the air box on the other end. Clamped that to a right size cone filter but had to use a short piece of pvc pipe slipped into the filter to be able to clamp it around the rubber tight. Adjusted the twist of it to sit in where the air box was and hasn't rubbed anything in 11 years. Hid the translator under the radiator support.

I mount the translator behind the glove box and hard wire it into the computer harness. Change the connector on the MAF wiring harness to the newer style to match the LT1 MAF. Looks clean and won't fail visual at DEQ.

Here is how to make a bracket to hold down the LT1 maf

Maf outside work perfect

Attachments

• IMG_0950.JPG
    IMG_0950.JPG
    994.9 KB · Views: 92
That looks great. I tried that but the plastic tube from the air cleaner is about .5" too small for the LT1 MAF diameter. I guess I could try to widen it (if that's what you did in that picture).
The maf I think 3 inch,try a heat gun and push the plastic tube et voilà

And if you whant to upgrade do That...stock look but big filter

Attachments

• IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    677.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1680.JPG
    IMG_1680.JPG
    908 KB · Views: 48