Mount Removal & Replacement... Help!

The Cardinal

Aloha, I'm in need of a new trans. mount and I would like to know if and how to support the trans. while I do this job. Also it appears as though the crossmember has to be at least loosened if not all together removed , a little help please, I'm stranded here on Maui and need to get my GN back in shape. Alot of imports need to be taught a lesson here on the Valley Isle.
Thank-you in advance.
The Cardinal

I use a block of wood under the pan and a bottle jack.

There should be enough room there to fit the new mount in there without moving the cross member.

same but with a floor jack. The majority of the trans weight is held by the motor. the rear mount is more of a stabilizer.

Mahalo for the replies,

I put the front of the GN up on jack stands and then loosened the trans mount bolts (2) & nut (1), then I put the lumber under the trans pan and jacked it up just enough to take off the deteriorated mount.
A little care is needed in lining the new mount up with the exhaust hanger and the bolt holes in the tranny. I left the protective plastic cover over the downward facing stud, lowered the trans into place, made her all tight and then cut the plastic stud protecter and replaced the washer and nut.
All is Good when things are tight.:D

Aloha for now