Motor's FINALLY done

and I'm done! The last one is for all you Snap On lovers!

Attachments

• DSCN0716.jpg
    DSCN0716.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,087
  • DSCN0717.jpg
    DSCN0717.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,088
  • DSCN0718.jpg
    DSCN0718.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,083
  • DSCN0719.jpg
    DSCN0719.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,068
  • DSCN0721.jpg
    DSCN0721.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,069
It's 1350 crome moly. 3.5 inch Denny's nitrous ready unit. Billet yokes and all the extras. Bullit proof.

Well I have a ways to go with the tune. Got a good tune in today and Friday I will get with a guru who can help me with the boost/alky tune. Learning XFI. I know how you feel. Cars get in ya and consume you, just always remember the important stuff first! (not to preach) I've had several cars of all types and love T/R's the most, so I went all in. Had an 87 GN but loved the leather seats and the rarety of the Limited's more. Lots of work lots of money and most important a great family. I follow your threads, you'll have it soon! :D

Alky too... nice. I want to find a Gbody with leather interior too... GN interior is nice, but costly. I`m T/R all the way... my '78 is still my DD:eek: I put all my cash in it and then I cant afford another car:rolleyes: So your a B4B stalker too ay?:biggrin:

Well I am setting mine up for both draw-through and blow-through setups, so getting everything at once is killing my wallet:( I have 2 D/T setups, but I still need a B/T carb, a Weiand intake, 86/87 turbo/w header, inter cooler, boost gauge and a BTM. I would love to go SFI, but that`s major work... I would have to change everything and it would cost way more... and I would still only get the same HP anyways, less HP if its all stock. I have a HA SFI sitting in my garage:D... my spare block that I am going to rebuild.

Keep us posted! It's a very interesting project, anything I can do to help, I will doy best. I've got a boost gauge im selling cheap and a front mount with pipes (the one currently on my car) that I will be selling asap. Pm if interested.

Will do... might make a thread for it, when I get to that point. Are you talking about the ones in the pics:eek: You just built that:biggrin:

Tried to do some more tuning today, made a little progress and felt what is to come... WOW at 10lbs + its quite a ride felt a taste of 20 ish, cannot wait to have it fine tuned by a master, but am having fun learning in the meantime. Having an overboost issue that is my biggest hurdle for now. If all the pieces are there the jb6765 billet wheel is AWESOME. Truth be told, I can't imagine that a BB version would spool any faster at all. That's another BIG parts worth of $$$ saved by going with an honest vender who told me straight out, "If your combo is right, these billet wheels will spool equally fast, journal or ball bearing version." H.H. :wink:

That's another BIG parts worth of $$$ saved by going with an honest vender who told me straight out, "If your combo is right, these billet wheels will spool equally fast, journal or ball bearing version." H.H. :wink:

Very well said. It seemed a while back there was a certain vendor that was really pushing the BB turbos and I figured when you sell them for more money you are making more money (simple math) so how can you be sure you are not getting B.S.because they are making more profit off BB turbos???

Very well said. It seemed a while back there was a certain vendor that was really pushing the BB turbos and I figured when you sell them for more money you are making more money (simple math) so how can you be sure you are not getting B.S.because they are making more profit off BB turbos???

Exactly. My last combo was all out of whack because I trusted someone :eek: instead of doing my homework. Wrong turbo, wrong trans and convertor, just all around bad information, and top dollar pricing. (My own fault) 20 months and now my second motor is done, after A LOT of homework (thanks fellow members) talking with venders and gaining trust from a few then spending $$$ like I have a money tree in my backyard!!!! :eek: Point is talk to ALL the venders and see who suits your personality, had I done this the 1st time I'd have saved a truck load of money and heartache....

I am glad the turbo is working out so well for you, Jason. Don't hesitate to call if you have any more XFI questions and keep the updates coming :biggrin:

@ Brett, thanks! I'm very happy, wish I was closer to ANYONE who had some XFI experience, Cal is of course great, straight up hill learning curve!

@ Cal, HA! We will be on the phone very soon I'm sure! Thanks again!

Had to get little brother to jump big brother... got all the piping installed, 3 inch exhaust, and new intercooler. Hope to have it tuned next month depending on Oz....

Attachments

• 2010-12-23_14-30-36_29.jpg
    2010-12-23_14-30-36_29.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 633
  • 2010-12-24_15-01-57_923.jpg
    2010-12-24_15-01-57_923.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 630
very very nice lookin car! love it, can only be a sleeper till you hit the gas now! LOL!

Merry Christmas to you as well!
Thanks BIG! Its been a looong time coming, certainly NOT as much of a sleeper with this exhaust, way louder with these mufflers. Ill be ordering some ultra flows come spring.