motor wont rev to redline and boost to only 13spi

zeebo

hi there..bought an 87 turbo regal with low miles, but it has been sitting for a while..all stock car. some of my issues are when i free rev it, i dont get any boost, and when i floor it on the road, i dont reach redline and my boost is like 13psi....what can i do to correct this? i know this car has more potential..thanks

1. Don't expect to see boost w/ a "free rev".
2. Buy a scan tool B4 you start beating on it. Or, low boost may be the least of your concerns.
3. Get the scan tool and post the readings.
W/out some more info on the car, there's not much anyone can do, other than speculate.

1. Don't expect to see boost w/ a "free rev".
2. Buy a scan tool B4 you start beating on it. Or, low boost may be the least of your concerns.
3. Get the scan tool and post the readings.
W/out some more info on the car, there's not much anyone can do, other than speculate.
+1

13psi is about stock anyways. As we say in the engineering works. "Working as designed."

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

hi there..bought an 87 turbo regal with low miles, but it has been sitting for a while..all stock car. some of my issues are when i free rev it, i dont get any boost, and when i floor it on the road, i dont reach redline and my boost is like 13psi....what can i do to correct this? i know this car has more potential..thanks

Also, if you're using the factory dash readout of RPM and boost, they're wrong approximately 100% of the time.