motor questions

t-typeAlex

burnout king
Hi guys i got some questions to ask. I have a 85 t type that needs some love. At idle an driving around the car runs like you pulled off a plug wire. I changed the plugs, gapt to size, an put some new wires on as well. That didnt do much. I pulled out all the plugs an the didnt look wet or fould. I also ran spark testers an the coil is puttin out the same spark all around. I was thinking maybe an O2 sensor but im not blowing any codes. I also checked the fuel psi an its right on the money. I changed the mass air from my 87 on it an it ran the same. If you guys got any ideas i would love the info, thanks alex

Did you change anything recently? What happened for this to start, or has it always done it? Did you ohm out the coil pack? You can check resistance on the coil towers, I forget the reading you should have (11-12k ohms?) Crank and cam sensors still in place and tight? Big vacuum leaks (EGR valve area comes to mind...)?

Ya I was thinking coil but I switched it with another hot air coil an it worked the same. I didn't check the can or crank sensor yet. It use to run good till I parked it for a month or two. I did change out the gas thinking it went bad but no luck there.

the next thing to do is unplug one injector and see if the idle changes. do this to all injectors one at a time, and see if the idle changes. if you unplug one and the idle don't change, than get a long screwdriver and put it on the injector and see if it is ticking. if it is ticking then it is clogged. having them cleaned or getting a new one will be needed.