Most memorable gift as a kid?

Originally posted by bishir
Yeah! I just saw that you did too. ;) Awesome! You're the first person that I've ever talked to that has ever had one too. :D

I use to fly down this huge hill by my house, pull the brake, and go spinning! It was a blast! I also pulled ahead with at the start of the Big Wheel Derby but kept going straight like a drag race. I didn't know it was a circle track! :p

James
I loved that thing so much! You know how you could move the seat back by putting it in the peg holes further back....well I was riding mine long after I was too big and I just took the seat off.

A lot of 'em on ebay right now!

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Skittle Pool?:confused: I had to look at your profile, and yep- you're older than me so forgive, but what was Skittle Pool?
Skittle Pool:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3162299438&category=2530
Skittle Bowl:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3163694453&category=2549

Hrrmmm. Let's see, we'll invent a game that has a heavy wooden ball on a chain that you strike against a stationary ball and knock things down.:rolleyes: :D

They could never sell a toy like that now.:eek:

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by John Larkin
Mike Mulligan and the Steam Shovel: I had that book too. I remember it so well.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

that book rocks! should have won a pulitzer! i have it under my night stand standing up so everyone can ask me about it.. i am gunna read it to my boy someday!

Dathan

That book is very good and I plan to read it to my future son someday too. I had a friend in school named Mike Mulligan and his grandma always told him she wrote it for him. I'm not sure how true that was, but he claimed it to be so.

James

Thanks for schooling me, troGNman....I've got a birthday comin' up and I've been feeling pretty old---after seeing that, it ain't so bad.;) :D

Cox PT-19 Trainer when I was 8 yrs old. Got dizzy first time I flew it.....took it apart and put it back together so many times!! Led to model rockets and RC aircraft. Thanks Santa!!

my gn was my most memorable gift. i got it at 16. my dad paid something liek 1500 for it and he took me out to the house where it was and it was totally beat up. but i was happier than hell because i knew in a couple years it would b a beast of a car. he paid the 1500 and the other 13000 i have in it i paid. i still let him drive it sometimes and when he comes home he has the biggest smile on his face and all i can say to him is " u waxed another mustangs ass again huh" and he just nodds his head.

Originally posted by bishir
Yeah! I just saw that you did too. ;) Awesome! You're the first person that I've ever talked to that has ever had one too. :D

I use to fly down this huge hill by my house, pull the brake, and go spinning! It was a blast! I also pulled ahead with at the start of the Big Wheel Derby but kept going straight like a drag race. I didn't know it was a circle track! :p

James
i still ride my DUKES OF HAZARD big wheel, lol j/k. I loved mine so much i wore out the front wheels from peeling out. I also had the dukes of hazard pedal car complete with working dixie horn and ignition sound.

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
i still ride my DUKES OF HAZARD big wheel, lol j/k. I loved mine so much i wore out the front wheels from peeling out. I also had the dukes of hazard pedal car complete with working dixie horn and ignition sound.
Wow, really- this is the first I've ever heard of others who had the General Lee bigwheel! Yeah, you always wore out the front wheel from peeling out.....and then you would get a hole in it where gravel would get in and rattle like crazy, it wasn't pretty.

Originally posted by DCEPTCN
Wow, really- this is the first I've ever heard of others who had the General Lee bigwheel! Yeah, you always wore out the front wheel from peeling out.....and then you would get a hole in it where gravel would get in and rattle like crazy, it wasn't pretty.
i'll post the pic of me riding mine with my DOH tennis shoes on when i get home

My most memorable was the GI Joe Aircraft carrier. That thing was HUGE and didn't fit in my mom's trunk and she couldn't hide it so she had to give it to me early :)
Tied for first place is the very first release of Nintendo

Originally posted by Boston Boy
My most memorable was the GI Joe Aircraft carrier. That thing was HUGE and didn't fit in my mom's trunk and she couldn't hide it so she had to give it to me early :)
Tied for first place is the very first release of Nintendo
Great, now I've got the original Nintendo Mario theme song stuck in head.....yep, that was REAL Christmas music.

1978 The Big Trak!!! It was an electronic tank with a 6 wheels and a blue laser on the front of it. It had a key pad on the back that you could program to drive custom or specific routes. I used to set up army men and run over them. It was about a foot long and approximately 7" tall. :D

skittle pool. I remembered the name but I was not remembering what it ws... until I saw Marks Ebay link! WOW! I had one and loved it too! Talk about an instant 30 year memory that was lost but resurrected in a second!
Does anyone remember "batteling Tops" game?? :)

I had one of those texico tankers too. I remember sittin on it riding it :)

Childhood was fantastic. We are making it great for our Son too. Its a blast shoppping for him for Christmas and the look on his face Christmas morning is gonna be priceless.

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
the book mike mulligan and the steam shovel. i wore out a copy when i was a little kid at my grandma's she read it to me prolly 3 times a night when i was over there. she gave that copy to me along with a new one that she wrote some stories of her reading it to me.

that is the best gift ever!

Dathan
Great book, my sons love it and we also found a video of it!
But here is my favorite present!
jag.bmp

wasent christmas, it was my 8th birthday but my dad baught me a mint origional fully documented 67 buick skylark with 17000 miles ive even got ALL of the inspection tickets with the mileage on them. sence then ive only put 100 miles on it to and from shows that i usually place well in.

My best gift ever and I think ever will be was when I got my first Camaro when I was 15 :D I had to wait a year to drive it but I was shocked to death that I got a car! The keys were in a little box, I had no idea untill my folks told me to look in the driveway :D :D :D

Worst present ever

I was gettin an 87 2.5 cutlass ciera for christmas and on Christmas Eve some drunk a-hole smashed the heck out of it driving a chevette. The chevette was so hammered but was able to drive away with a big hole punched in the rad and by the time my dad got in the car to chase him the car was long gone. An hour later the ambulance came and took away some low life kid that lived one street over. I don't think it was a coincidence. Oh well that car got fixed and i beat the piss out of it for the next 3 years.

Re: Worst present ever

Originally posted by 88 CuttyClassic
I was gettin an 87 2.5 cutlass ciera for christmas and on Christmas Eve some drunk a-hole smashed the heck out of it driving a chevette. The chevette was so hammered but was able to drive away with a big hole punched in the rad and by the time my dad got in the car to chase him the car was long gone. An hour later the ambulance came and took away some low life kid that lived one street over. I don't think it was a coincidence. Oh well that car got fixed and i beat the piss out of it for the next 3 years.

Ah yes great Christmas memories indeed!!!