Most effecient/best wheel tire combo?

alexo

Hey all.
Got a question that I'm sure has been answered tons of times and will stir up the pot here.
On a stock set up ttype or grand national.
What would the better wheel & tide size combo without any modifications?
What about if you were to upgrade on rear discs and bigger disc setup in front?

4 front GTA wheels with 245/50/16's in the front and 255/50/16's in the rear... it really doesn't get no better than that, but tires in those sizes are getting hard to find, so maybe 17X9's in the rear with 275/40/17 tires and 17X8's in the front with a 255/45/17 or so tire..

Yes. I did hear that the 16" are getting tough to find. Quite frankly the GTA wheels are not my cup of tea looks wise.
17" it is then.
Anybody else out there with 17" wheel/tire combo?
Any backspacing with the 17"?

How about NotAvg6's maroon t type with Billet Streetlite 17" wheels?

Attachments

• Mike\'s T-Type.jpg
    Mike\'s T-Type.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 190
I almost bought those!!! Do a search on them in this section though.

I ended up with something else (pics to follow in approx 4 weeks!!!)
17x8.5" w/4.75bs front
17x10" w/4.75"bs rear

Can't wait till they arrive!!!

17" and 18, tires are easier to source. Lots of 17" options...big time. Cheap too. I went 18s this time because of wheel choice. I have always loved the boss338. It's a cheaper wheel, but I really dig the style and the matte grey center. 8s and 9.5s. Wheels and tires out the door at 1500 with tax. Sumitomo htrz3 tires.

17" and 18, tires are easier to source. Lots of 17" options...big time. Cheap too. I went 18s this time because of wheel choice. I have always loved the boss338. It's a cheaper wheel, but I really dig the style and the matte grey center. 8s and 9.5s. Wheels and tires out the door at 1500 with tax. Sumitomo htrz3 tires.

I'm debating 17s vs 18s right now too due to tire selection in 16s. Can you post pics of your wheels on the car? I think 18s are too big for the body but I'd be glad to be wrong as that's what I prefer.

I'd like to see a pic of your car too if you would be so kind when you get your wheels. TIA.