Moser 12 Bolt

nbm-wu8

I'm looking at a Moser 12 bolt Muscle Pack rear end for my dad's 88 MCSS that we are doing an LS3 swap into. The rear end will be ordered to stock width and we want disc brakes, likely the Wilwood Street brakes with internal parking brake, but we are running into all kinds on information on fitment.

One rep told us that there is no possibility of using a disc brake set up without notching the frame due to body roll. Another representative said that he had no knowledge of any clearance issues, but the rear end can not be narrowed (which is fine since we are looking to maintain the stock width). Finally, I talked to a shop that specializes in rear ends and was told that the issues with disc brakes is not frame related, but rather it is a clearance issue with the shocks since the calipers are moved inboard of the axle ends, therefore being closer/too close to where the shocks mount.

Is anyone using this setup in their Turbo Buick with an unmodified frame?
OR what kind of clearance is needed with the frame to be safe?

We did some measuring tonight and it looks like the stock rear is centered almost perfectly. There is 5.5" +/- a couple an 1/8" clocking from the front to the rear on both sides so the sides shouldn't vary as far as clearance.

I have one installed in my 87gn with 4:11 spool gears , fits perfect better than original stock housing although I would like to sell just the series carrier 4- 4:11 gears for 3:73s if you re interested in just the gears, this rear came out of Billy Ts gn which ran in the high 8s. It has wildwood disc brakes.- no fitmant issues.