Morel Lifter/Lifter Bore

Iv'e been following this post and hate to say it but your lifters are not the problem, unless you have the wrong lifters and they look fine to me. As you can see in these pics. the machined flat part of the lifter body will go right into the lifter bore.Also the tie bar will show being over to one side when the lifters are even with each other. I'd take the push rods out and the lifters and see if you can turn the engine over then.I'm real curious as to what your problem really is so keep us posted as to what you find.and good luck.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 124
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    837.6 KB · Views: 102
Iv'e been following this post and hate to say it but your lifters are not the problem, unless you have the wrong lifters and they look fine to me. As you can see in these pics. the machined flat part of the lifter body will go right into the lifter bore.Also the tie bar will show being over to one side when the lifters are even with each other. I'd take the push rods out and the lifters and see if you can turn the engine over then.I'm real curious as to what your problem really is so keep us posted as to what you find.and good luck.

Since you posted this I have gone back out to the garage and determined this to be true, the lifters are fine. The problem appears to be pushrods which are too long. Backing off the rocker arms fully the pushrod is not even close to fitting. The pushrods I have came with the cam kit, they are 8.050 X .080.

I'd check that again. Remove all pushrods and install one adjustable pushrod in #1 tdc. Make sure both lobes on #1 are on the base circle. Then use a length checking adjustable pushrod and set the rocker arm cup at flush with the rocker body. Adjust the pushrod till you get to zero lash. Then put it next to the pushrods that were supplied. Even if they were off by a bunch the engine would still rotate. They'd have to be so long that they are holding the valves open while on the base circle and collapsing the lifter plunger all the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk