Morel 5393 with Pac 1201?

Mike T

The Morel 5393 appears to fall under the street category on their tech page and has a 380# rating. My PAC 1201's are about 420# . Is anyone running this setup with a .500 lift?

Not the same lifter but in the same category.... Comp 853's with PAC 1201's have been good to me.

The Morel 5393 appears to fall under the street category on their tech page and has a 380# rating. My PAC 1201's are about 420# . Is anyone running this setup with a .500 lift?
It depends on the lobe being used. They have bad performance and do collapse at lower pressures than you stated. The axle is held in with a c-clip instead of a swedge. Bad design which will fail. I would recommend my Johnson Reduced Travel Roller Lifters in any roller application. They are designed for much higher spring pressures than you are posting. The comps are bad copies of the Johnson and do not handle the pressure either. Any more info, feel free to contact me directly.

It depends on the lobe being used. They have bad performance and do collapse at lower pressures than you stated. The axle is held in with a c-clip instead of a swedge. Bad design which will fail. I would recommend my Johnson Reduced Travel Roller Lifters in any roller application. They are designed for much higher spring pressures than you are posting. The comps are bad copies of the Johnson and do not handle the pressure either. Any more info, feel free to contact me directly.
Dave what's pricing on your Johnson lifters? I still haven't bought anything yet for my TA block, just been killing time on other projects.

I just had a morel lifter fall apart. it cost me a cam. I just bought a set of Johnson lifters from Dave.