more big stuff ?

boosted nova

Was tuning on gas but have decided to switch to e85 since this is what am gone to try to run. Question 1, on the learning set up what should I use for the air fuel ratios 10.1, or keep at 14.7 . Also I am going to add 30% to my fuel table to start, so if I have 28 in a cell do i just delete it and enter in 36. Sorry new to this stuff was a carb guy before all this Buick stuff. Thanks for the help.

On the fuel table just left click and hold, then drag until you've selected the entire area (it'll be highlighted). Then on the highlighted area right click and select the adjust (there will be multiply). I'm doing this off the top of my head right now, but it should be close to the steps, more or less it'll get you there. Hope that helps, I believe it's also covered in the manual also.

On the learning, I can't help you as I've never trusted any system's auto tune feature, I'll just do it myself.

14.7 should work for the fuel setting, the oxygen sensor is reading the oxygen content in the exhaust stream.

You are still aiming for a Lambda of about 1 (or a Gasoline A/F Mixture of 14.7) for cruising.

BS3 Trans Control

Does the Big Stuff 3 perform any transmission control functions?

Was tuning on gas but have decided to switch to e85 since this is what am gone to try to run. Question 1, on the learning set up what should I use for the air fuel ratios 10.1, or keep at 14.7 . Also I am going to add 30% to my fuel table to start, so if I have 28 in a cell do i just delete it and enter in 36. Sorry new to this stuff was a carb guy before all this Buick stuff. Thanks for the help.

You'll find some useful information here concerning E85 and how it relates back to AFRs, etc. Stoich on E85 is quite a bit lower than gasoline.

E85 fuel FAQ - NASIOC

You'll find some useful information here concerning E85 and how it relates back to AFRs, etc. Stoich on E85 is quite a bit lower than gasoline.

E85 fuel FAQ - NASIOC

Correct stoichometric but as far as the oxygen sensor and software is concerned, if the Stoichiometric AFR for gasoline is used as the default in the software, then 14.7 would be the correct value to put in the table (it would give you enough fueling to acheive a lambda of 1). If you have changed the fuel type in the software and entered the correct stoichiometric AFR for the fuel you are using, then enter that value into the target table.

Example: Oxygen sensor gives a voltage output that corresponds to a Lambda of 0.95, the ECU tells you AFR Ratio based on what YOU enter as the Stoich AFR for the fuel you are using.

.95 * 14.7 = 13.965 AFR

If you were using E85 (stoichiometric of about 9.7:1) you would have the following:

.95 * 9.7 = 9.21 AFR

Regardless of the stoichiometric AFR value of the fuel, the Lambda or the voltage read from the sensor is the same. Your output AFR is dependent on what you tell the software the stoichiometric value of the fuel is.

Hey thanks for all the help guys still learning.On bs3 I don't think you can change the fuel type is this correct, if this is not correct can some tell me how to do this.

The version of BigStuff I had loaded on my machine is corrupt. I'll reload it and let you know what I find.

I went to my fuel table today, left click ever thing. Then a window comes up and click on multiply.Then another window comes up enter a value,it says multiply by what?, range 0.0 to 221.30. I enter in 30.0 and all my numbers go down is this right.Thought the numbers are suppose to go up not down.

I went to my fuel table today, left click ever thing. Then a window comes up and click on multiply.Then another window comes up enter a value,it says multiply by what?, range 0.0 to 221.30. I enter in 30.0 and all my numbers go down is this right.Thought the numbers are suppose to go up not down.

That is a percentage multiplier. If you enter 100, there will be no change.

If you enter 110, it will add 10 %

If you enter 90, it will subtract 10 %

120....add 20%. 80......subtract 20% etc.