Moog lowering springs / Part #'s & Drop distance

Rustyregal

I have done quite a bit of searching on these and want to get some input on people that are actually running these.
How much they lowered the car and how it rides. If people will post up I will edit the thread to include the findings on one page. My personal goal is to drop the car 2" +or - as close as possible. But please post up any Moog springs you have used. I want to go with some Coilovers later from GNS but want to get springs now to work out my clearance issues first.

Not sure that you will get a full 2 inches from Moog springs, but here's what I have found:

Front stock spring rate is right around 420, Rear 120
Moog stock height replacements are F: 5606 R: 5379

In general the following springs all lower the car approx 1" maybe a hair more but have different spring rates-
Front:
5608- close to stock SR at 424
5658- SR 530 (probably most popular Moog front lowering spring)
5660- SR 598 (what I have and I like it a lot)

Rear: 5413- 167 Sr (most popular rear lowering spring) not sure if there are any other rear's, my guess is there are.

All these springs run right around 80-90 bucks and all the major chain stores can usually have them in 1-3 days.

I'm personally a big fan of Moog. I know some are not, but I have always had good luck with their stuff.

Now about the 1" drop thing. A lot of things effect this. That's why you will read varied reviews of the actual drop after spring installation. Not to mention it takes some miles on the car to get the springs to "settle". One way to get a little more or a little less is the isolator. Moog, EG, Prothane all sell a top isolator that's a bit thicker than stock and of course you can just leave the isolator out. I left it out on many cars and have never noticed any difference in NVH (noise, vibration, harshness). You can always wrap the top and bottom coil with rubber splicing tape if NVH is a concern.

If they have not been changed in a while it's a good idea to get a new center link, idler, tie rods ends, sway bar bushings/end links and ball joints. Then Moog problem solver control arm bushings (there are two, get the more expensive ones, they use firmer rubber).

If your set on dropping the car 2" then you should read up on roll center and suspension geometry. I have seen many people really hate the way their cars drive after lowering to much with just springs.

Hope this helps.

i have a brand new set of moog 5660 s 4/sale- going to coil overs, i have them in my other car and they work good. i also have a pair of rear 2"drop springs from bell tech never driven on- $75. for the fronts, $100. for the rears or $150. FOR BOTH FREE SHIPPING.

I kow your looking for MOOG but Scot W. from GNS sold me his used set of DSE Shocks and 2inch Drop springs. I can say that i absoluty love them. Gives it a great ride and feel. Handles like a dream. It will give you a 2in drop. I only used to front drop springs because i have a 275/60/15 MT ET Radial on back and didnt think that the 2in drop in the rear would clear the tire and then cause rubbing issues. I bought the Moog Stock spring for the rear. I think i might try a 1inch drop on the rear but thats about it.

When i bought it
image.jpg

As she sits now
image7.jpeg

49 blues I'll take the suspension package

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just an FYI on a set of Moogs I tried out. Moog 8306 for older Mustang V6 non AC. These should lower a car a solid 2" on a stock setup. They are a lower rate spring better suited for drag racing. Never heard of people running them. A decent alternative to the Moroso trick spring but not quite as long.

Just an FYI on a set of Moogs I tried out. Moog 8306 for older Mustang V6 non AC. These should lower a car a solid 2" on a stock setup. They are a lower rate spring better suited for drag racing. Never heard of people running them. A decent alternative to the Moroso trick spring but not quite as long.

great info, thanks