moog 5606

duber3

HI!
I just put on my 86 GN a set of moog 5606, the front is way too high
I've read that the coil spring need a little time for settle down, is it true
if so, how many inch to front will lower and how many time it will take

my next option is to change it for a set moog 5658

thanks

Are you sure you put the 5606 springs in and not the 5608? Did you replace the rears at the same time? The 5606 are the stock replacement ones and if you didn't replace the rears at the same time the front will be higher than the rear in most cases.

I had the 5606's in my car for a while and didn't care for them. They did sit a little high plus I didn't like the ride...a little harsh. Went to the 5658's and love them...nice ride...but...to each his own:)

5856's have a much higher spring rate than the 5606's do. Kinda weird that it would ride better.:confused:

it's really a set of 5606, that's what it's written on the box
as for the rear, I didn't replace them, it's a set of cargo coil, don't know the model
I have a set of brand new rear coil spring, I know that it's a direct replacement, I will try it tonight

Well... I can almost beleive it, after 60KM (37miles), the front end droped about an inch :)
I've read that the coil springs need a little to settle, I was skeptic :rolleyes:
It's deffinetly way better than it was with the old ones, they will stay on the car for sure :)

duber3, can you measure from the center of the front wheel cap to the top of the fender lip?

Thanks,

here the measurment from the center of the cap to the top of the fender lip 15"
but as I said, the front coil springs are brand new, I don't know if they have settled all the way. On the rear I have a set of cargo coil
I have a brand new set of rear stock replacement coil, I will try these this week and see if it make a difference on the front end
do you want to have the measurment too??

Thanks, I have the factory springs and I have 14.5" at the front. I'm looking for something that will drop that to 13.5". Keep me updated if they settle some more.

OK
I've installed the brand new stock replacement rear coil springs, after 60km , the height on the front is still the same
15" front the center of the cap,

Well, I didn't liked the stock rear coil springs, the rear was to low, so I reinstalled the rear cargo coil springs, with the rear cargo, the front is still at the same height, 15" front the center of the cap, here a pic,
the front tires are 215/60/r15 and the rear are 235/60/r15

Attachments

• IMGP3966-1024.jpg
    IMGP3966-1024.jpg
    519.3 KB · Views: 274
Is this photo with the rear cargo springs? I have the stock springs in the rear and I feel they are too low. That's the height I looking for in your picture. What springs do you use?

Is this photo with the rear cargo springs? I have the stock springs in the rear and I feel they are too low. That's the height I looking for in your picture. What springs do you use?

yep this pic is with the rear Cargo Coil, they are still under the car, the rear stock coil springs are too low, I prefer the cargo!!

That's what I was hoping. I feel the same way. I was going to go with cargo springs in the back and bilstein shocks front and back. I see springs for sale at kirbans. Any other ideas where to purchase.