Monte Carlo SS 200?

The valve body which controls shift timing and firmness is different they can be modified to work like a TR BRF valve body.

the valve bodies are very similar with the monte valve body shifting a bit higher as well as a more aggressive kickdown.

No O/D and everyone thought they were junk from the factory.

NOW they can be built to take high hp applications. Google the topic, and you will see. Read an article once about a 9.0 car with one :eek:

There are a handful of guys that build them, and very popular in stock and super stock NHRA racing.

83-84 got a 350 trans all other years up to 1988 had a 200-4R in it. If talking about the ss with a 200-4R, yes it did have od

I believe Ted is refering the the TH200 metric three speed trans. not the 200-4R. Joemama is refering to the MCSS 200-4R.

Smaller servo and accumulator valve and some different springs on the shift valves. Its a much more lively combo than the BR code calibration. I like them a lot in a TR.

The reason I ask is I bought one cheap to have rebuilt so I could keep my car mobile. I should have asked this question before I bought the trans but it did not set me back much. The plan isfresh motor and tranny at the same time.

CQ core

I have a complete CQ that I know nothing about so I would like to sell as a core if anyone wants to make a lively offer. I could bring to B.G. but must have some $ upfront before I carry it that far.

I have a complete CQ that I know nothing about so I would like to sell as a core if anyone wants to make a lively offer. I could bring to B.G. but must have some $ upfront before I carry it that far.

Lee,
PM me your price, and maybe I will grab it at BG from you.:smile:

Brian