Mom Tasered Repeatedly in Front of Kids, Arrested (Video)

The lady must have mistaken the police officer for someone who has to repeat himself. After 3 or 4 commands and there is non-compliance you get what your asking for.:rolleyes:

Not sure of the whole story but she did not seem to be of any threat to the cop. I understand when you are told to do something you need to do it and the teaser would have never been brought out. I’m guessing with the mom narrating the video this tape was used in court. I wonder what the outcome was?

I think the officer over reacted. She did not seem to be a threat, though she did outweigh him by a few pounds. She would have gotten to see the video tape in court, guess some prople don't know how the legal system works.

Here's what was attached to the video:

A police officer in the Syracuse, New York, area Tasered a 37-year-old mom repeatedly in front of her children during a routine traffic stop—and then arrested the mom, leaving the children alone in their family minivan for 40 minutes in freezing weather.

The incident took place in Onondaga County, New York, on January 31, but dashcam video of the incident only recently came to light.

According to a report at syracuse.com, what started out as a routine traffic stop escalated quickly when 37-year-old Audra Harmon challenged officer Sean Andrews assertion that she had been talking on her cell phone when he pulled her over. Harmon disputed that fact, as well as the officers claim that she had been speeding—doing 50 mph in a 45 zone.

An article at MSNBC.com describes the situation:

Harmon had been driving home with her 15-year-old son, whom she had just picked up from wrestling practice, and 5-year-old daughter. She said she was resting her right hand on her cheek as she pulled behind a sheriffs deputy to make a right turn onto the road where she lived. After she made the turn, the deputy pulled off the road to let her pass, then pulled out behind her with his lights flashing and siren blaring.
When Harmon got out of her minivan to show Officer Andrews that she wasnt in possession of a cell phone, and to ask to see video footage of her allegedly talking on the cell phone she didnt possess, the officer ordered her to get back in her car.

And then he pulled out his taser and said Im under arrest, Harmon said. I got back in the car and he said he wanted me back out of the car now. And I said Why am I under arrest? He then yanked me out of the car pulled his taser out and the first shot jolted me

According to Syracuse.com, Harmon was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and going 50 in a 45 mph zone. The district attorneys office dismissed the charges a month later—after watching the videotape, said her lawyer, Terrance Hoffmann.

Amazingly, the officer had justified Harmons arrest by saying she had obstructed traffic by getting out of her minivan.

As MSNBC points out, when Harmon was arrested, her children, aged five and 15, were left by the side of the road for forty minutes.

Harmon is suing the Onondaga County sheriffs office. Officer Andrews has been taken off street patrol and reassigned until an internal affairs investigation is completed, the sheriffs office said.

We used to just have a stick or a gun back in the day when I was on patrol. The taser is a MUCH better solution to a non-compliant individual than the stick is. Now that being said it sure worked as intended when it was used.

The officers nowadys will automatically reach for that taser ALOT quicker than we would have reached for our stick. The ill effects of the taser are over as soon as the current is shut off. The stick effects will last a little longer...

Did the officer do the right thing? Well it was his call and his traffic stop alone. Only his superiors or the court system will answer that question. Every officer handles his or her call using their own judgement at that time.

MY 2 cents.

Why did she get out of the car? You never get out of the car. Then she didnt listen when he said to get back in the car. She could have just fought it in court. At least she taught her kids a lesson that day :rolleyes:

Take the blinders of.

Did I miss some thing?
Did she get back into the car? YES for the blind people.
Then she was dragged out of the car. Hey Stupid do you want me in the car or out of the car. Then she was tasered and arrested.
1-So what’s the charge? She did not obey a command
What was the command? To get back into the car. WATCH THE $#@^%#ing Video she got back into the car.

The law is the law is the law is hey robot did you leave your commonsense at home or you just never had any.

The bottom line is that Civilians have no rights out side of the court room.
And while in the court room we only have rights when the judge says so. That’s the one and only reality to how things work. And as civilians we need to remember this when we sit in the jury box which is the only time that we can actually do something about anything.

After watching the video several times it is obvious that she was NO threat to Anyone nor did she do anything wrong. He asked her to get back into the car (She did!) Maybe not as fast as he wanted her too, But she did! There is NOTHING written Anywhere stating the driver "Can Not" get out of there vehicle and it looks like he Never told her NOT to get out!!! I've done it before asking to see the radar gun and it NEVER went like that!! It ultimately boils down to the cop's attitude that really comes into effect here. Bottom line is, you run across Nice/Cool cops and then you run across Bad/prick ones! That's life!

Sad that those little children had to watch there mother get (what looks like a gun pointed at her- from the child eye's) and then get shocked and handcuffed in the middle of the street just because of going 50 in a 45? and didn't react (get back in the car) fast enough for the guy? geeeez...

Quite a bit over reactive if you ask me.... Feel bad for the children though.

I just got my first speeding ticket in 13yrs (45 in a 20) and the cop was totally cool, Went to court and because I have a Perfect driving record it was dropped and all I had to pay was court costs..

Just so happened in that area they changed the MPH down from a 40 to 20 one month before!! LOL.. OHHH WEL, Still have a Perfect record!!!

Take the blinders of.

Did I miss some thing?
Then she was dragged out of the car. Hey Stupid do you want me in the car or out of the car. Then she was tasered and arrested.
What was the command? To get back into the car. WATCH THE $#@^%#ing Video she got back into the car.

The law is the law is the law is hey robot did you leave your commonsense at home or you just never had any.

And while in the court room we only have rights when the judge says so. That’s the one and only reality to how things work. And as civilians we need to remember this when we sit in the jury box which is the only time that we can actually do something about anything.

I dont agree with the Cops actions but she was told to get back in the car and refused, Then when he said she was under arrest she decided to get back in the car. She should of kept her mouth shut and listened to him in the first place, and none of this crap would have taken place. The video also doesnt have any sound, so its hard to say if she was being cocky when she was being pulled over.

I dont agree with the Cops actions but she was told to get back in the car and refused, Then when he said she was under arrest she decided to get back in the car. She should of kept her mouth shut and listened to him in the first place, and none of this crap would have taken place. The video also doesnt have any sound, so its hard to say if she was being cocky when she was being pulled over.

Good points
But is cocky against the law? No, I don't do it but it's still not a crime.

The sad part about this is that now she has to dish out for a lawyer to get rid of these BS charges. On top of having a tainted record. And the cop just smiles and walks away.
What ever happened to malicious prosecution?

Take the blinders of.

Did I miss some thing?

She got back in the car after he said she was under arrest. So if the cop says you're under arrest and you get in your car, you're free to go? I've been pulled over a few times in my life and I always did as the officers told me to do, hence, I've never been tasered.
Me, I don't hate cops; I like cops and I'm glad as hell they're out there.

COMPLIANCE doesn't mean a cop begging repeatedly pretty please for something while you give him a ration of $hit and prove how tough you are. How many of you would like to have his job and deal with a holes all day most every day? :rolleyes:

Good points
But is cocky against the law? No, I don't do it but it's still not a crime.

The sad part about this is that now she has to dish out for a lawyer to get rid of these BS charges. On top of having a tainted record. And the cop just smiles and walks away.
What ever happened to malicious prosecution?

Cockyness isnt against the law, but if you are cocky, dont expect to get out of anything with a warning or a "have a nice day". I've had countless tickets, but i've never been an a$$ with the cops, I bend over and take it like a man :rolleyes: . I'm always honest with the cops, if they ask me how fast I was going, I tell them how fast I was going :eek:, and they respect that. I'm only 24 and I grasp this simple concept, Shes about 40 and doesnt get it.

I will say I think the cop jumped the gun a bit, and was a bit of a dick though.

She got back in the car after he said she was under arrest. So if the cop says you're under arrest and you get in your car, you're free to go? I've been pulled over a few times in my life and I always did as the officers told me to do, hence, I've never been tasered.
Me, I don't hate cops; I like cops and I'm glad as hell they're out there.

COMPLIANCE doesn't mean a cop begging repeatedly pretty please for something while you give him a ration of $hit and prove how tough you are. How many of you would like to have his job and deal with a holes all day most every day? :rolleyes:

So in your opinion this was justified?
I bet if that was your mom, sister or daughter you would not be too happy and singing a deferent song.
I am also happy to have cops. With out them it would be a mess. But what’s wrong is wrong plain and simple.

BTW how are these kids going to feel about Cops?
And the feeling was created by whom?

She had no right to ask to review the video on scene. If she wants to review the video, she has to set up a court and request for discovery. When the officer walked up to her, she probably had an attitude which set the tone on the stop. She should've taken the summons and set up a court date, not challenge the LEO on scene. Probably another one of those fat mothers groups member that protest everything.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com