mods for southern CA daily driver

stock87

with the crappy 91 octane, what's the best mods one can do? Currently have upgraded fuel pump, custom chip for stock injectors, homemade cold air kit...

considering hooker cat back exhaust, vs. scanmaster, adj. fuel and wastegate. Xylene cost 10.00 a gallon here so considering SMC alky and RJC plate too.

What about CA emissions effects of mods?

The Hooker exhaust system comes with a test pipe and a very nice aluminized rest of system.
If you don't mind changing out the test pipe every two years for CA emission testing, I won't tell anyone.;) ;)
I never said that I did it for many (8 yr) that I lived in Northern CA.
This will free up the turbo for 2-3# of boost that is now going to waste due to the stock exhaust system. The turbo is making the boost but due to back pressure the engine isn't getting it.

Your chip maker can change your boost in the chip parameters or you can make your own adjustable waste gate rod or buy one.

The adjustable fuel pressure regulator is also very desirable for fine tunning the FP.

All of these things will not cause you to fail CA emission, all will help the performance of the car.
If you have an extra sharp emission tester he may notice the adj fuel pressure regulator, but most won't even notice.

Gary :cool: