Modifing a low milage car. Your thoughts?

RED LS1

Okay so I am 99% sure I will be getting this car tonight to put my Buick stuff into instead of my Camaro.

It's a '87 hard top T. White with Maroon int and blackout pkg. The car has 50,082 origanal miles. The interior and engine compartment and undercarrage are MINT! 100% unmolested and never tampered with. Interior has never even had a panel off before. The car needs paint and bumper fillers.

The car was parked in 1991 by origanal owner and the motor/trans were pulled. It has sat and sat and sat in a shop and been through 1 other owner.

I guess I want to know your opinions on putting a modded drivetrain into the car. Ex.. all the stuff in my signature. the motor looks far from OEM. I'm worried about putting guages and aftermarket ECU, sterio, etc...

I guess I am reluctant to pop this cars cherry. It's completely unmolested.

I don't see any problem with it since its already been stripped of the motor, trans and needs paint. Hopefully it will ride nice and tight being that it only had 50k on it.

The interior is nicer than my wifes 2008 Edge with 20K. The doors shut and close with a good breeze. there super quiet also.

It is just a car, mod it and never look back. There are thousands of low mileage cars you can get later.

Go for it!!! Already missing the drive-train as previously stated. The cherry has already been popped.

Go for it!!! Already missing the drive-train as previously stated. The cherry has already been popped.

Agreed...

When the dust starts to settle it will be about matching #'s!!!

Even if it was a low mileage GNX I would still mod it. You can always keep the original parts and put them back on if you decide to sell.
What is done can always be undone.

99% of the cars on this board have exactly whats in your sig under the hood,,,whats the deal,,stop monkeying around already,the guy might change his mind....:eek:

but add the price of the car,price of paint....thats gonna be over your price limit...:confused:

When you remove an original part tag & bag it with the date & the mileage. If you ever decide to sell the car the new owner will have all the upgrades & everything there labeled to put it back to original. This is more appealing to me when I buy a car & the customer has all the original parts. You have the best of both worlds & can attract more buyers.

Of course it will not be a matching #'s car unless you can get your hands on the drive trane. When I read your post I wasn't sure if you stated you had the drive trane or it was just pulled. Clean cars are not like they use to be. You don't find them everyday.

99% of the cars on this board have exactly whats in your sig under the hood,,,whats the deal,,stop monkeying around already,the guy might change his mind....:eek:

but add the price of the car,price of paint....thats gonna be over your price limit...:confused:

My point. 99% of these cars are modded. It's hard to find the ones that are unmolested like this one. I was thinking it would be worth more money in stock condition instead of a bunch of nonsense under the hood.

I am definetely going to put all my stuff in this car. I'm just going to be as clean and careful with everything as I can.

Band Aid...I see your taking some shots about us not comming to an agreement on your TTA. The fact is that I wasn't getting many straight answers out of you over the phone. I liked your car, and would have pulled the trigger on it. Everytime I asked you a question I got a 10 minute story about something or someone not relevant to the question. I couldn't nail down what I was getting and what condition it would be in for the money spent. Not a good way to buy a car thats 10 hours away. I was destined for dapointment. I'm glad I held out for something that doesn't come with a lifetime of storys to sort out. And i'm paying $3500 which is a decent deal for a clean complete roller with value. $4100 was not a decent deal for your car.

so no monkeying around here. Just spending my money right in a tough hobby where people loose money by the millions.

When you remove an original part tag & bag it with the date & the mileage. If you ever decide to sell the car the new owner will have all the upgrades & everything there labeled to put it back to original. This is more appealing to me when I buy a car & the customer has all the original parts. You have the best of both worlds & can attract more buyers.

Of course it will not be a matching #'s car unless you can get your hands on the drive trane. When I read your post I wasn't sure if you stated you had the drive trane or it was just pulled. Clean cars are not like they use to be. You don't find them everyday.

thats a good idea. If I remove something I am going to do that. Like radio, speakers, piller, wheels, ect....

I don't have the drivetrain. I have one from a grey '87 T that we removed last summer. so far I have done the stuff in my signature to it. I was going to put it into my Camaro roller but this seems like a much better idea/investment.

Bought my car with 18k miles, all original down to the plug wires. I started modding it almost right away. Everything I took off is in my basement and can be reinstalled at anytime.

Since you already don't have the original drivetrain, it's never going to really be "original" anyway. I don't think modding it would be a bad idea at this point.

I see what you guys are saying. I agree also. I know the car won't be origanal without the motor/trans.

I guess I wonder if the car would be more desireable in unmolested, tasteful mod condition. (high 12's).
Rather than a 10/11 seconed car with drag wheels, guages, aftermarket ECU etc...

Depends on how far you go.

I say NO. Get a beater if your going to do heavy mods.

Why invest BIG money in a nice stocker & then more money to make it unstreetable??? Buy the salvage or compromised unit at a lower price and Use the balance of your bucks into the go fast goodies

I have no ill feeling about not selling you the car,just simply stating that dont keep thinking about it and just do it..I think you have it wrong -roller for roller a TTA that has fresh paint for $4100 or the white T that needs paint for 3500.:smile:it just a car modd it and then change it back in the future.good luck with the project

if i would have thought of it sooner...$3500..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/250224-1985-t-forsale.html

I have no ill feeling about not selling you the car,just simply stating that dont keep thinking about it and just do it..I think you have it wrong -roller for roller a TTA that has fresh paint for $4100 or the white T that needs paint for 3500.:smile:it just a car modd it and then change it back in the future.good luck with the project

if i would have thought of it sooner...$3500..
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/250224-1985-t-forsale.html

I have no ill feelings either. Your a nice guy. It would have been nice to buy the car from you. But if you think a molested, TTA roller with a missing guage cluster and wrecked interior is more valuable than a origanal 50k T fresh out of storage because of a questionable paint job than you better check your pulse. :rolleyes:
This car needs a paint job to be perfect. Your car would need a time machine to get back to the same condition. :wink:

Oh, I got the car tonight. So after many F-bodys, G-bodys and Fox bodys, I finally have my first Turbo Regal.

Do it Do it! YouTube - Starsky & Hutch Do It!

Got my GN with under 5k miles on it back in 1995. Was already modded by lowering with drop spindles, f body rear springs, aftermarket wheels and a Currie Ford 9" rear. Didn't get those stock parts with the car. Having come from a pro street 66 Chevelle there was no way I would ever be happy with a stock car so the modding begain and haven't ended 16 years later. I say live for today and have fun, let the next guy worry about going back to stock. I sold off all my stock parts and could care less.