Modern TA-61?

HIPSI

I'm looking to replace the TA61 on the car in my signature. I have been leaning towards the billet 6265, but I haven't found much feedback on them. What other "modern" turbos would exceed the performance of the TA61 while working with the stock torque converter?

Thanks.:)

I'm looking to replace the TA61 on the car in my signature. I have been leaning towards the billet 6265, but I haven't found much feedback on them. What other "modern" turbos would exceed the performance of the TA61 while working with the stock torque converter?

Thanks.:)

Wow that's an impressive et/60ft for running a stock converter. Is it stock stall speed? I read on gnttype that a TA61 requires a min 3000 stall :confused:

The engine has ~70K miles and is in great shape. I don't want to pull the heads unless I have to. I love the TA61 but it has started to leak oil into the intake tract and it is also beginning to develop excessive radial play.

Wow that's an impressive et/60ft for running a stock converter. Is it stock stall speed? I read on gnttype that a TA61 requires a min 3000 stall :confused:

Thank you. Yes, bone stock transmission and converter. I build boost against the stock brakes, bump into the lights, set the parking brake, and let 'er rip.