mitsu eclipse radio locked after batt. change

chevyII

I changed the battery in my fiance's 2002 eclipse and now the radio displays CODE on it. I called the dealer and they say it will cost $50-75. I hooked up a modius snap om scanner and no body codes for the radio. How can I fix this problem or is it a trully dealer only fix?

Usually you need the dealers help in this situation. I have had luck though calling up dealers and asking them for the code for a specific radio. Your best bet would be to pull out the radio have the vin number from the car ready and start calling some local mitsubishi dealers, they will need some information off the radio. Eventually you'll find someone willing to help.

I called the dealer and they say it will cost $50-75.

Wow, now that makes me want to own a Mitsubishi so I can have the dealer bone me out of $50-75.

I think I'd upgrade the stereo before I'd pay the dealer. Though calling around or visiting a Mitsubishi board or two might get you somewhere.

There's usually a radio code for that car included with the owners manual. Honda does anyway.

VW has them too but if your nice and not angry when u come in i usually do it for free cause we charge to remove the radio and every thing else is on line inputs or go to the dealer grab a tech mabe he'll do it for a 5 or 10 spot

My Volvo did the same thing. I just bought a BS 5 dollar part from the dealer and while I was there I asked if they could give me the Radio Code and they looked it right up for me.

Mitzu board

My '99 Benz is the same way. The dealer I asked looked up the code using the vin#. It was free and took about 30 sec. I read on the Benz board that some dealers would charge you for it. Call another dealer. You may have to take the car so they know you own it. Also, get on a Mitzu forum and ask them,.