Miss/Stutter @ WOT

ChevMCarlo84

I've developed my first issue since owning the car.

It's got a miss/stutter under WOT, high RPM and boost. Under normal driving, it runs fine. Only happens when I shove the pedal to the floor. If I roll into it, everything seems fine.

It also doesn't kick over on start-up as strong as it has.

Where should I start? I'm going to check the plugs and coil on Friday. I recently install an Alkycontrol kit, but I don't think that's the problem.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Sounds like when my coil pack went out. Ran fine, but with heavy throttle, it would severly miss and fall on its face and practically backfire.

missing under boost

I've developed my first issue since owning the car.

It's got a miss/stutter under WOT, high RPM and boost. Under normal driving, it runs fine. Only happens when I shove the pedal to the floor. If I roll into it, everything seems fine.

It also doesn't kick over on start-up as strong as it has.

Where should I start? I'm going to check the plugs and coil on Friday. I recently install an Alkycontrol kit, but I don't think that's the problem.

Any help is very much appreciated.

High boost miss/pop is usally coil pack.

Most likely since you installed alky and upped the boost you are seeing spark blow out due to a weak spark signal.

If you have over 50k on the stock coil pack, see ya IMO. Group buy section had someone selling them for dirt. Actually see if Mike at Fullthrottlespeed has the Coil On Plug ready, that's worth getting if you have to do the swap. :)

Plugs should be at least 1 range colder and gapped around .032 unless you have Iridiums.

x 4 I would check the coil pack, mine car did the same thing, ran fine normal driving, give it some decent boost and backfiring started, I replaced the coilpack and all was good.