Miss on idle.

Well ill check that after work, .and if that's good what's next? I sense a kijiji ad in this cars future at this rate.

low compression on one cylinder ,sounds like a valve problem to me ,unless you know for sure the rings are toast . As far as the engine dying , take your pick ,loose battery post ,no gas, blown fuse, plugged exhaust ? where are you in Canada ?

A stuck or bent valve or damaged valve guide can cause a miss . The iac not set precisely will also cause off idle miss , a bad plug wire ,incorrectly installed plug wires , blow by , bad injector or wiring . I strongly urge you to check out the under the hood pictures of these older hot air cars on this site , most have there spark plug wires from the passenger side of engine running to the front of the coils ,which is totally opposite from the under hood diagrams

is it possible your iac is closed all the way and not allowing your intake to suck in air the engine needs to run? remove intake pipe ,open butterfy slightly while someone cranks the engine , if it starts your iac needs to be adjusted up so the car idles where it should when hot and in closed loop

Disconnect the harness on top off the ecm and reconnect while you at it. You also might want to replace tps sensor if it won't go up to 4.2v at wot. Welcome to the money pit!

Sorry guys, my bad miss went away. It was a faulty plug wire. And I am located in saskatoon saskatchewan, I haven't gone to work on the car yet because I'm working hard to pay off the engine I just put into it. If it is a bad ecm, how hard is it to swap an 87 ecm in, my dad has a spare since his is using a modded one now.

you still need to get that tps reading at wot up to where it should be by pushing up on the sensor before you snug it , then adjust it , as someone mentioned , a tiny round file to the bottom of the tps slots may give you what you need. Congrats on finding your miss !!

of course the iac needs to be set before you do your tps adjustment . if its not , the tps will never come into perameters . heres my method . warm up car until closed loop is entered ,loosen off both tps screws until barely snug , set iac ,revving the engine a few times every move of the iac screw until engine idles where you want it to ,and it still has the desired response when throttle opens . then set tps to it . recheck every time you adjust anything else . they say set the iac from 0-40 but it is set a little higher on this 84. if set to high or too low the iac will cause a bog or backfire or will stall the engine , this method works best , set it to where your throttle response is best in closed loop . your iac adjustment screw is not allowing the tps to reach wot, forget the file idea , do it this way

I'm not worried about that anymore. I want to have the car run. It all of a sudden died one day. I would turn the key on and no check engine light at all. The ecm is getting power, but its not grounding out. Couls the bulb be burnt out or come loose?