Miss on idle.

Hey guys, I just rebuilt my engine and now have a dead miss on cylinder six. Its producing a dull orange spark and thats it. At idle it has an ses light but once it hits 15-1600 rpm it disappears. It ran great for two days then it just develeoped and I am at a loss as to why.

Could it be coil based or ignition. The injectors were cleaned and flowed, good fuel pressure, anything? Vacuum related?

Check number six injector wiring with noid light to confirm power if u dont have noid light start car and unplug that injector to see if it changes idle or stays the same hope this helps

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So the injectors could cause it? I thought that with a weak orange looking spark it would be ignition related. Ill try that tomorrow though, any other suggestions?

Ya try that I had this issue with my car with cylinder 4 and had this issue with a customers car cylinder number 5 let me know what happens

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

While I'm doing the injector test is there anything I can try whil there? I think my vac lines are wrong because I have vac brakes and I have a broken port on the vacuum block. Is there any chance someone could post a picture of how their vacuum lines are routed for me. The car is 100% stock save for the brakes

Have you tried swapping the #6 plug wire out. Also double check #4 for good spark. Most module/coil problems affect 2 cylinders.

I checked the coils guys and the miss didn't change. New plug and wire. I read that the coil could ve backwards. Mine had the writing reversed. Could that be my whole issue?

I disconnected cylinder six while it was running and it madr no difference. Bright blue spark from the wire to the downpipe though.

I checked and it made no dofference. Its running pig rich right now. The ses light goes away after I get past 1400 rpms and it sounds likeits hitting six. Is it tpo cold of a plug maybe. Bad o2?

Give me a call I cam explain another method 6304528905 rick

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Invest in a scanmaster my friend. It will help you diagnose problems and help with tuning your car. Your rpm's are high at idle. Should be around 800 to 900 at idle. I've seen several cars that don't like NGK plugs or platinum plugs in general. Delco 45's or AC 25's are proven highly reliable plugs for our cars. I would take the car to a auto parts place and have them scan what ses code is present and go from there.