Miss after changing plugs....

turboost

I put in new plugs today and now have a bad miss. I have throughly checked to make sure the wires are correct from the coil pack to the plugs and have even swapped in a new coil pack and still the same problem. Could something have happened to the plug wires while changing the plugs to have damaged them?

I retightened the plugs to make sure none were loose. I am pretty sure the wires are in the right place (traced them individually over and over again). Any ideas? Could this miss hurt my new coil pack? Thanks for any help

You could have a bad plug (even new ones are sometimes bad) or maybe the gap is too big. If you run a lot of boost, like 20psi or higher, you might need a smaller gap.

Miss

I had a miss after a plug change also. I ohmed out the ACCEL 8 mm wires and one of them showed Infinite ohms, (open). I now decided to cut the wire open. What I found is that the Accels are very delicate because they have a tiny wire that easily breaks in their core. They really go bad easily if you dink around under the hood much , and what GN nut doesn't. Good luck.