mileage

supercoupe5

i have heard that when these cars roll over 100k that the numbers do not line up even in the odometer. is this true. posted this pic the other day and it looks to me that the numbers line up even witch would lead me to beleive that it has not rolled over. coments on this. is what i was told about the numbers being even true or false. thanks dave

GrandNational013Large.jpg

Gn

i have heard that when these cars roll over 100k that the numbers do not line up even in the odometer. is this true. posted this pic the other day and it looks to me that the numbers line up even witch would lead me to beleive that it has not rolled over. coments on this. is what i was told about the numbers being even true or false. thanks dave

GrandNational013Large.jpg
Just buy the damn car already!! Just kidding. I just went out in the garage and looked at mine with 132k on the clock and the numbers all line up perfectly. In my experience the numbers get misaligned when a shoddy rollback is performed. IMO this is a really nice GN. I'd get in line. Good luck!! Dave

Nope, my #'s line up fine. I agree with the shoddy rollbacks, that's when they don't line up right.

Some of the line up and some dont... mine dont line up with 109k miles, but my buddies does with 162k mile. Im thinking it has more to do with it being a 20 year old car than anything... Humidity, rough roads, rough drivers can all play a part in parts not lining up... not to mention that most cars are not designed to last more than 10 years for the most part... your average Joe will wreck a car in 10 years just from not taking care of it...

Roll backs are before my time so I have no idea how they are done, but it probobly isn't the easiest thing to do.

IS the guy claiming it's a 37k mile car or a 137k mile car??

You can look at a car an usually tell the difference, go with your gut on this ;)

If you cant then find a friend who is into old cars and he will be able to tell you...

It does NOT look to me like the 1 is in "perfect alignment"?? And, idle speed appears way high--LEMON!?

Yeah, probably a rollback victim--just give ME the name/address & I'll buy it!

It does NOT look to me like the 1 is in "perfect alignment"?? And, idle speed appears way high--LEMON!?

Yeah, probably a rollback victim--just give ME the name/address & I'll buy it!

Ahaha nice try... you know the stock tachs are WAY off... quit trying to buy another mans possible car... thats like hitting on a friends possible girlfriend!:D

probibly looks like high idle cause it was 30 degrees and the car was only running for maybe 2 minutes when the pic was taken so it was still on the choke circut. thats my story and i am sticking to it.

Not all official certified speedometer repair shops are experts at repairing the speedometers. I had a speedometer break on an extrelely low mileage car, (speedometer worked but the odometer no longer counted miles) and my mechanic decided on his own to repair it himself, instead of sending it out to an official certified speedometer repair shop as I had asked him to. He fixed it ok, but the #'s do not line up perfectly, even though he did not add or subtract any mileage. Not all of these car's speedometers lined up exactly from the factory either. I think that rollbacks are infrequent, but if you can't tell the difference between a 37K mile turbo brick and a 137k turbo brick, you are in the wrong arena.