might have bought something fishy, vin check please

Comes up as a 94 Geo Metro. You actually bought that?

Results for VIN: 2c1ms2465r6778527​
icon_print.gif
Print this Page

VINCheckSM Theft Record

2c1ms2465r6778527 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records.
VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.
VINCheckSM Total Loss Record

Further information is available throughAutoCheck .

2c1ms2465r6778527 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Total Loss Records.
VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.

Lol yeah I did buy it, I drive 48 miles one way to work and driving a caddy cts-v everyday was slowly taking a toll on the pocket book and putting way to many miles on it.

I'm really looking for how many miles are suppose to be on the metro

Personally I would have found a more reliable car. Hope it makes it more than one time.

Yeah I have learned to love the geo, at just shy of 100 miles a day driving its the only way to afford the other cars. And there no part that cost more than $300 on the dam thing, I leave it unlocked at all times (they can have the coffee cups of they want) I'll never get a speeding ticket, I never have to wash it, I get to meet all kinds of dirtbag hippies that expect me to pick them up when hitch hiking, if I roll it (impossible at the speeds it reaches) I can just leave it on the side of the road and when I drive the GN or Caddy I fell like I'm in top fuel dragster (only safer as the are made from materials which yield better strength then pot metal)

And as far as reliability no hiccups other than a heater hose which sprung a leak on a cold morning and most the water leaked out but with such a small street bike motor that it is, it didn't even overheat the last 10 or so miles to work. ( thinking I can save money in the winter and not have to run anit-freeze at all by having no coolant at all and go air cooled..... and if doesn't work I'm out $250 or so)

We'll I also am a commuter 120 miles a day and after doing it for 30 years I wouldn't consider it in anything less than a mid size.ive been lucky and never involved in a bad wreak in all the traffic I've had to commute in but have seen a few involving subcompacts your chances not so good I'm in the Midwest so sometime with the weather just being able to get to work is a challenge.my monte ss LS-4 gets 21 mpg I can live with that when you start to get my age the comfort and creature features is worth the extra money in fuel I can't imagine going from a caddy to a geo LOL !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have learned to love the geo, at just shy of 100 miles a day driving its the only way to afford the other cars. And there no part that cost more than $300 on the dam thing, I leave it unlocked at all times (they can have the coffee cups of they want) I'll never get a speeding ticket, I never have to wash it, I get to meet all kinds of dirtbag hippies that expect me to pick them up when hitch hiking, if I roll it (impossible at the speeds it reaches) I can just leave it on the side of the road and when I drive the GN or Caddy I fell like I'm in top fuel dragster (only safer as the are made from materials which yield better strength then pot metal)

Hey man - I had a pristine Geo Metro.
4 door.
Got it for 1500 bucks
I think like maybe..2000 model year?
Loved that little hunk of crap.
That was some fine GM badging there.

Loaned it to my son - for one day - and he threw the rod clear through the pan.
One freaking day. I drove it for 2 years without a worry.
I almost thought about slinging the engine out - and converting to the Geo Electric drive kit - but in my grief, wasn't thinking clearly and let them squish it for 500 bucks. Very sad.
I see them at the boneyard and shed a small tear thinking about it.. :(

You know I saw the funniest review of that car
The reviewer said
"I think it is one of the few cars that shudders on the highway when a fly passes it by"
LOL
I thought that was hilarious, and if you drive one - you know!

Those Geo's used to be popular up here in Upstate NY. Road salt lead to massive rust. They would rust out quickly.

I have good luck with the '89-90 Olds Ciera's myself. They have GOT to have the 3300 Buick V6 or I'll pass. No 2.5 4cyl or 2.8 Chebby V6. Those 3300's sure aren't the smoothest engine,but they just go and go. Good gas mileage with the 4spd auto in lock-up.

They probably share lineage of our 3.8's somewhere down the line..

Those Geo's used to be popular up here in Upstate NY. Road salt lead to massive rust. They would rust out quickly.

I have good luck with the '89-90 Olds Ciera's myself. They have GOT to have the 3300 Buick V6 or I'll pass. No 2.5 4cyl or 2.8 Chebby V6. Those 3300's sure aren't the smoothest engine,but they just go and go. Good gas mileage with the 4spd auto in lock-up.

They probably share lineage of our 3.8's somewhere down the line..

LOL - yeah I saw your sig a while back and said to myself...hmmmm..He sure does like those Ciera's..:D
I was kind of surprised, since the boneyard is full of them, and that was from the dark days of GM - when basically most of what they made was pure garbage.
I might have to try one one time - for a rainy day mobile.

Those Geo's used to be popular up here in Upstate NY. Road salt lead to massive rust. They would rust out quickly...

Umm..I do believe that Daewoo made them from our old recycled washing machines' steel.
What did you expect?
And they don't use salt in Korea do they - other than on their dog? :D

I had a 90 metro that got good mileage. I blew the engine and got a low mile engine. My engine hoist was broke so me and a coworker lifted it out by hand.
FYI If it says Daewoo on it walk away. Aveo has a Daewoo engine in it absolute garbage.