Midwest Engine builder feedback

WHTTRSH

Sleeper
Hey guys! I'm from Wisconsin and I'm considering to take my engine to Dan at DLS in Indiana or to Bryan at Speed Services in Illinois. If you have used either one of these guys to build your engine please leave your feedback. Positive or Negative. Also if anyone knows of another possibly good GN builder near WI let me know!

Precision Engine and Machine in Sleepy Hollow IL does quite a few turbo Buick engines

Dumb question, but have you checked the feedback section or the vendor customer section for info?

I assemble my own, but have all my machine and inspection work done there. Some friends of mine have had theirs assembled there as well.

Ill check into them and feel them out. Right now im leaning towards Dan Strezo @ DLS in Indiana.

There is no such thing as a dumb question but yes I have checked out the vendor customer section and feedback section. Ill continue to check them too till I find more info on these two guys.

Hey guys! I'm from Wisconsin and I'm considering to take my engine to Dan at DLS in Indiana or to Bryan at Speed Services in Illinois. If you have used either one of these guys to build your engine please leave your feedback. Positive or Negative. Also if anyone knows of another possibly good GN builder near WI let me know!
You should also check out Nick Micale @ arizonagnq.com and Chris Hogeland @ Twisted 6 Racing.

DLS did my rotating assembly #1
I would like to have had him build it
Hawaii shipping is $$$ for something that big

Dan @ DLS is the guy as far as I'm concerned. Top notch.
My current motor has his rotating assembly and front cover.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Fast Times Motorworks is now back in the business via Graham Jones. My current E85, 700+ HP 109 motor with a stock crank was was built by Fast Times 10+ years ago. He's right up there in northern IL not far from the border.

Dan @ DLS has done a ton of work for me and I would endorse him too.

-Lloyd

Yes the engine getting built is for the TTA. Take it you noticed a difference w the GN1 heads over the TTA heads..I was just going to reuse the stock ported TTA heads. Willing to invest in those gn1 heads if they truly make a noticeable difference. I'm not looking for a competition street car either though so tenths of a second don't matter to me if that's all it's going to improve. I am replacing the rotating assembley so I'm going to go w a stroker kit right away and new rev X cam kit. I'll be contacting dan in the am tomorrow and drop it off Saturday then.

Currently running a PT6262 turbo new less than 10k on it. Keep it or sell it and upgrade to a bigger turbo for the stroker..thinking like a Gen 2 PT6466 turbo

If you're going with a stroker, then in my IMO I would use a set TA aluminum heads with a 4 bolt header. The idea of a stroker is more cubes. The more cubes the more MAF. The more MAF the more/higher potential hp. Don't want your heads to be the bottle neck. Some people might say they're not necessary with a 6262 turbo, but what if you decide to use a bigger turbo in the future? Time to spend more $$$ to do it over again.... Now, there's far, far more experienced people on here with huge, vast amounts of knowledge then me. I'm just speaking from my personal experiences. And from the sounds of it you're not exactly sure either. So keep your options open when it comes to your build and different turbos you want to use in the future. Do it right once! Good luck.

Precision Engine and Machine in Sleepy Hollow IL does quite a few turbo Buick engines
Rick did all of my machine work also. It's convenient, because you can drop everything off at his house after hours, and he will spend however much time talking with you about your build as you need.

I'll get dans opinion on whether to go w a stroker or stock stroke crank. If it creates a lot more work to go w a stroker I'll just keep the stock stroke and throw bigger turbo at it. Goal is low 10s.

GN1 heads or stick w my Ported stock TTA heads?? What you guys think

Stick with the TTA heads unless you wanna trip 135 +

If you switch over heads you will need headers , xover from a GN and a custom down pipe made .. so don't forget to factor in those costs .