Mickey Thompson DR availability ?

Hell... I just checked with my supplier out of TN and all they have left in stock are the 275/50/15

K.

My suggestion is to buy 3 sets next time their available like i did. This will assure you to never get in a bind when they are back ordered fro 3mos. This is not the first time.

Same thing we did I have 2 275/60/15's left. Any one needs them e-mail me direct.

I realize that this guy is not a paying vendor---just trying to help Buick people out--If the mods. see fit to delete my post I understand.

i just put 275/50/15 on my stock gn wheel with a 1/4 in. wheel spacer and they fit fine no rubbing anywhere and they dont stick out of the wheel well at all. just tossing this out in case it helps out:smile:

What about the M & H DR's as an alternative. I don't have any expierience with them, but I am sure someone has tried them. They look nice, but do they work as good as the M/T? I looked at the Hoosier, but I do alot of street time. I don't think they will last that long. Maybe someone can advise on them as well.

I can give a first hand account; They HOOK!!!! but are a little more pricey than the Mickey Thompsons.

I can give a first hand account; They HOOK!!!! but are a little more pricey than the Mickey Thompsons.

A lot more pricey but you are right they hook a lot better than I thought they would and the M/T's on my GN will make it through the year

I had some 325/50/15's on order from Summit and 2 months later still no show.
Rumor is that they no longer pass DOT and they are coming out with another design tread to pass.

Basically I went and got a set from a local Mustang shop.

i just put 275/50/15 on my stock gn wheel with a 1/4 in. wheel spacer and they fit fine no rubbing anywhere and they dont stick out of the wheel well at all. just tossing this out in case it helps out:smile:

Why the spacer powerwagon? Were they sitting too far back in the wheelwheel? I'm assuming this is on your wagon?

The 275/50/15 MT ET Street Radial is wider than everyone else's 275/50. When installed on either stock wheel, they can rub slightly without spacers.

These tires are produced by Cooper Tire for MT. I think I remember the "production facility" reason back last year. Production, is very slow on these tires. Typically, Jegs and Summit get the most qty of all the performance warehouses. When we get our shipments in, we get one 50' trailer full. Exactly how many of the popular drag radial sizes we do get is always a crap shoot. The one thing that we've learned is, when they come in, you better be ready to buy if you need them.
Case in point, 4 weeks ago we got a shipment in. I have been waiting for the 275/40/17s to come in. When the truck got here, I saw we got 18 of them. I bought 2 of them the next day. This was on a Tuesday. Before the week ended, we were sold out. They move that fast. The 275/50/15 and 275/60/15 are the most popular sizes that they produce.
The trick that most racers use is this.....

Go to an drag racing event, NMCA, FFW, NMRA, etc, if you see the MT rig setup, there is a very good chance that they will have the tires in the rig. You will get a good price and you will save shipping. They typically stock the rig with all the popular sizes. There are times when all of the warehouses are sold out, but they will have them in the rig.
HTH

Patrick