Methanol through a 7th injector

9SECVSIX

Hi.
I have a Miller Wood 7th injector fuel controler that I would like to use for Methanol injection. It has it's own built in MAP sensor and is a progressive system( speed density) looking for some input on what size injector to use, am thinking 95 to 160 range :confused:
Am hoping Razor will sell me the pump :) am not sure if these Surflo pumps have a built in bye pass or not , is the pressure adjustable:confused: or will I need a regulator to control pressure :confused:
thanks for your lending hand :smile:

9sec.

Nope.. sorry cant help ya. Pump wont do what you want.

Maybe a Weldon made for alky?

+1 on the fuel injector..

Can i see a pix of the Miller Woods injector setup, I have always heard people talking about them but never seen one.
Thanks

Hmmmmmmm. Not looking good so far on the injector thought. Maybe I can use my old ANS 7th injector system that used a NOS jet them I don't know what size jet to install :confused: Next time am in the shop I will get a picture of the MW controler, it was a nice piece back in the day when we had a very small selection of injectors. So a Methonal injector has special internals :confused:
Thanks Guys

9sec.

I was looking at Racetronics website at the injector selection and the say in the specs that the Lucas injectors were methanol compatible.

Stainless internals.. but the base, fittings, filters, lines, everything has to be 100% compatible. And no debris can make it to the injector.. else it can hang open and hydro your engine.

Look into Flex Fuel vehicles.. there's the info you need..

Wheel is round.. re-inventing it has consequences sometimes :redface:

Just like direct port, hi-speed valves, etc.. when KISS is the best.

I'm not sure about running an injector on Methanol, compatible or not, without flushing it out with gas every so often. When Methanol dries in an injector, it will leave a chalky film that can build up enough to cause the injector to stick. I would think you need something that is lower maintenance and more dependable.

9SECVSIX said:
Would denatured alcohol be a option :confused:
I don't know the chemical properties of denatured alcohol. Hopefully someone can chime in with them. :smile:

The nos jet will work ok, but it will work better if released out of a group of much smaller holes with the same volume flow as one large jet;ie six .012 jets instead of one .060 jet.... The problem is that it may come out in a stream, best to use an alcohol injector and flush with gas...JEFF
Or if you have access to a lathe you could make a tube 5/8 od ,with .o60 wall with a step facing in on one end 3/8 id, by .750 long, make a press fit insert with the od the size of the id of the first tube , cut a stepped section on the end that will press into the larger tube against the end flange, this will make a chamber to be feed with meth then fromm the inside , drill six .012 holes evenly spaced and angled toward the direction of press fit from inside to the chamber, radius the airstream inlet end , hang it in the air stream behind the throttle body , and attach the meth feedline to the chamber , intake will speed up when flowing thru and create a vacume to the six holes , this will atomize the meth pretty good,it also requires a main jet inline before the secondary jet, now i know most of yall are confused, but look in most carb venturies and you will see one, although not a radial one
PS, Mix with about 10% acetone, This will loosen up the meth molecules for a better spray pattern

Thanks Guys :) Bosch does make a 160# injector for alky but it might be too large for the MW system. Been spending all my spare time chashing a electrical short :mad: so this project got put on hold :frown:

9sec.

9SECVSIX said:
Thanks Guys :) Bosch does make a 160# injector for alky but it might be too large for the MW system. Been spending all my spare time chashing a electrical short :mad: so this project got put on hold :frown:

9sec.
I'm using 6 of them, but keep in mind that they will stick if not maintained.