Metco's GN-Powered Monte Carlo SS

RKHiPerformance

Turbocharged Sex Cylinder
We have owned this car for more than ten years. Just prior to our purchase, the car received the entire drivetrain from a 1987 Buick Grand National. We purchased the car almost complete and running, and slowly dialed everything in and made the car right.

From the beginning, this car was built to serve as Kristi's daily driver, so this car had to be especially reliable and safe. All aspects of this car's build were handled properly and we took no shortcuts.

The car has the GN gas tank, 8.5" posi rear axle assembly, the correct BRF-code TH200R4 with the GSCA 'club converter', the proper block, heads, and accessories, and GN radiator with the oil cooler. All of the Monte's gauges work as intended, including the Check Engine light and ALDL connector. The AC was converted to 134A and blows cold.

The engine was freshened prior to installation with .030" stock-style pistons, a mild flat tappet camshaft, and minor bowl work to the stock cylinder heads. We added a Limit Engineering TE44 turbo, a DeQuick stock-location intercooler, 42 lb injectors, and an RJC downpipe. The car has both street and race tunes by TurboTweak. The engine is strong, quiet, and it runs cool with good oil pressure. It leaks a bit of oil when sitting, but it has always been minor and nothing we felt the need to address.

The transmission was rebuilt by a retired GM Hydramatic technician, and it shifts well, the TCC functions as it should, and it doesn't leak. The trans is fitted with a heavy-duty aluminum trans pan.

The exhaust system is a stainless kit from Pypes, and the driveshaft is an aluminum unit from Dynatech. The car has Bilstein shocks all around, with Hotchkis springs and drop-spindles up front and OPG springs with air bags in the rear. The rear sway bar is a solid 1.0" unit from Hotchkis, and the original front bar is bushed in polyurethane. The car has Metco Motorsports billet lower arms and adjustable upper arms, as well as our driveshaft safety loop. The car is low, but not scrape-the-ground low.

Four years ago, Kristi commissioned our favorite body shop to strip the car to bare metal and refinish it in a custom white chosen by Kristi. This car has no rust and required no metal repair, shows no evidence of accident damage ever, and now has only one very high-quality paint job. This car is famous for the subtle super-custom, hand-painted ghost flames only visible from certain angles.

The interior is mostly original, but is in excellent shape. The glass is tinted, and we have added a Scanmaster, and a boost gauge and air/fuel gauge on the pillar. Prior to our ownership, the car was treated to a number of expensive stereo components, but the speakers should be updated. The dash has the typical crack in the center at the base of the windshield.

The car has about 102K actual miles, and about 30K on the conversion. It is always garaged and pampered, and we do not eat, drink, or smoke in the car. It hasn't been raced in years, but last time out it ran very low 12's at 113 MPH, on street tires. This car has been the best Buick we've ever owned - it starts every time, it runs strong, and it has never let Kristi down.

Kristi will be sad to see it go, but her new car is on the way.
$17,900
Anderson, SC 29625
E: Rick@MetcoMotorsports.com
P: 864-332-5929

Link to the car on our website with additional pics:
http://www.metcomotorsports.com/proddetail.asp?prod=1986MCSS

These pics were taken on Monday, September 1,2014:

IMG_1319_zps6e0b01be.jpg

IMG_1332_zpscb3a5af4.jpg

IMG_1321_zps61d75417.jpg

IMG_1324_zps11b24666.jpg

IMG_1329_zps94d2617d.jpg

IMG_1326_zpsf60fcdf1.jpg

IMG_1339_zps14d358d6.jpg

KristisMonte005.jpg

From about four years ago:
PaintJail001.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen this car several times in person, and it's a very nice car....glws

A better snap that shows the ghost flames on the hood. These colors are visible only in direct sunlight:

MontewithPaint110810007.jpg

Saw this car in person in Georgia a few years ago. Very good looking car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know Rick & Kristi personally and I can guarantee that all their cars are in top shape.

Good luck with the sale Rick ....hope to see you and Kristi in BG....

So what is Kristi getting for her new ride?

Bryan

Thanks for the compliments, guys. This car is for sale to make room for Kristi's Hellcat Challenger.

Bryan...we'll see you in BG!

Last edited:
If anyone is hesitant about this car I will tell you that this is the finest transplanted MCSS that I ever seen!

Very intrested in this car. Would it pass California emmisions? Is it exempt in your state? Have cash in hand. Thanks in advanced.

The car is registered in SC and is currently not subject to emissions testing. However, the car would likely pass a sniffer test with the addition of an emissions-style chip. A visual test would be an issue unless a catalytic converter was installed, and stock-style valve cover breathers added.
I'm not familiar with the specifics of CA testing, but a 28-year old car may qualify for an exemption if registered as a historic or specialty vehicle.