Member Re-introduction...

I was a longtime member & moderator back in the day (old username was dconnor)...

Anywhoo, I took a break from the TR scene back when things were kinda stirred up here for a while & my work/life was going crazy too. Thanks to a recent addition to the family (1st child was born on 6-2-06) my interest in the board & TR scene has been revitalized.

I own an '87 Turbo-T with a few little mods, tweaks & goodies here and there. Unfortunately, it's been sitting for the last couple of years collecting dust & gecko poo in the garage. The birth of my son has really gotten me fired up to work on it again so he'll be able to grow up enjoying as my wife calls it, "the grocery getter from heck" right next to me.

I've slowly been collecting parts to convert the T from a weekend drag racer into a pro-touring backroads cruiser / corner carver. Hopefully with all of the extra time I'll be spending at home now, I'll actually get some wrenching accomplished over the next several months & the T will soon be ready for some family go-fast fun by next summer! :D

Doug C.

Welcome back. I was looking for your old member name so I could offer it back to you if you wanted to, but I could not find it. Anyhows welcome back

Thanks guys & gal, I'm looking forward to getting back into the TR groove. :)

Dave, heh talk about a Buick blast from the past! I see you're not in Kali anymore, retired now? How's Michelle?

gofst, I asked for it to be removed & CaptainInsane-O is what I use for everything else anyway... thanks for the effort though!

Yo Doug

Welcome back. Just wanted to say HI. :D
(I knew you couldn't stay away forever...LOL)
Bruce
WE4

Congrats on the baby

My wife had our first little boy on 3/2/06.
I'm still trying to get use to a lot less sleep than before the baby, but it is worth it.

Let me know if you want to sneak off to the track some time.

Welcome back. Cars are a great thing to do as a father/son type of a deal. I know I always enjoy it.

Jason

Bruce, the Buford's siren song finally got to me again or was it the voices or the gofastisis??? Anyway I'm glad to be back. ;)

Will, I'll probably take you up on that track outing in a couple of months or so & Congrats back at ya!

I'm really looking forward to making some great car memories with the squirt & getting the T back in top shape in the process!

It's About Darn Time :)

Dconner

welcome back buddy i'm still beating on the ol SloGN. email me sometime dude.

Welcome back Doug........ time flys........ glad to hear all is well and the family is growing. These cars have long been a team effort for my son and I. I have enjoyed many years of a relationship with my son I may not have had if it were not for that first GN.........

Welcome back Doug, and congrats on the new baby. I've been away from here awhile too and just recently snuck back in.

Wow, lots of familiar faces still hanging out & about... good to "see" you guys again!

Being a Dad is a real trip, it's cool to see how quickly baby's start learning stuff. Grayson has already perfected a fake-out belch so we'll quit pounding on his back after feeding time. :)