megasquirt PNP harness

rkreigh

does anyone make a PNP harness for the megasquirt or microsquirt?

Like to do full sequential fueling (currently have 72 lb injuectors)

also like feedback on how difficult this system is to install on the turbo buick.

I read a few threads on the megasquirt and it looks like a very good alternative to the higher priced ECMs

TIA for any advice!

I agree that Megasquirt is a good choice. Are you asking about MS3 plus MS3X expansion?
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/...with-ms3x-expansion-v357-assembled-p-435.html

I have not seen a plug-n-play harness for 1980's GM vehicles. Eh, maybe I have but I can't remember where.

Have you seen this DIY break out box? This requires some work.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/diybob-breakout-adapter-delphi-56-pin-p-424.html

Here is a long thread of an MS2 installation.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/going-megasquirt.333796/

does anyone make a PNP harness for the megasquirt or microsquirt?

Like to do full sequential fueling (currently have 72 lb injuectors)

also like feedback on how difficult this system is to install on the turbo buick.

I read a few threads on the megasquirt and it looks like a very good alternative to the higher priced ECMs

TIA for any advice!

Try to get ahold of GNX405 on this board. He's running Megasquirt in his LC2 powered Mazda which originally was running the stock GN computer. He would know about any PnP harness'

I have done these for local friends before and don't feel comfortable doing them for people that I cannot directly support, since if your doing a MS3X and I'm not holding your hand through it all you should build it as well to understand what it all does.

With that said a while back I put together a connection table to go to the Break out board from the two DB-37 MS3/X connectors which all three are supplied by DIYautotune.com that Paul Lohr posted above. I cant remember if I detailed every single connection but it should be 99% complete as I can make it at this point. This will be the first time I release this document to the general public and is definitely a beta, and if you have questions or request of info I should add please let me know and I will do the best I can to make it more user friendly. I also have the wiring information for COP coil wiring in the document if anyone chooses to ditch the junk stock coil and module like I did, it only costs the price of 6 junk yard GM "LS" coils ($20 at my local yard when I find them) so for me it was a no brainer...

For those of you who are not Excel inclined In the document I have hyperlinks (IN BLUE), and any boxes that have a red arrow in the corner will pop up text notes if you hover over them with information that I thought might help the average Joe understand what it is for. Also there is a legend in the top right corner to help explain (or confuse you more! LOL).

As a disclaimer if you use my information published I am not liable for any damage you do to ANYTHING on your car. Though I am fairly certain I have published everything correctly some people on here would run a 12 gauge wire from direct battery power to ground if it was written to do so... USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Have fun and happy Megasquirt boosting!

,Dan

Attachments

• Turbo Buick Pinout.zip
    310.2 KB · Views: 301