Meet SWEET T

bbb455

87 T Type, 1 of 12 the way it's optioned with 88,000 miles. A friend of mines grandma owned this car. Yes, it's a granny car.

Attachments

• spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 028.JPG
    spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 028.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 335
More pics

Attachments

• spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 027.JPG
    spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 027.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 202
  • spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 030.JPG
    spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 030.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 222
  • spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 031.JPG
    spring 2011 Hatfield openhouse 031.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 202
I can't see the interior. Is that a limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Thanks guys and it is a Limited w/ leather buckets and half console. The car is really clean for 25 years.

I had SWEET T in my garage for the past two weeks, replacing valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, oil pick up and new oil pan gasket. Filled her with fresh Joe Gibbs XP8 oil ( great stuff, check it out). Changed the diff fluid, and have been detailing the engine bay. Removed the intercooler and cleaned it inside and out, nasty stuff. Took her for a drive today, and what a difference.

Attachments

• photoTType motor before.JPG
    photoTType motor before.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 145
  • photoTType  motor after.JPG
    photoTType motor after.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 144
Sweet T's big sis, Quicksilver.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 131
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
hello; I think I like big sis better. I also think it's time to get to that T's engine bay.
have fun
IBBY

jlat, thanks and I'm in the prosess of doing just that. But she will remain mostly stock. The car is 1 of 12.

She's starting to clean up nicely.

Attachments

• Red, white and blue show, T Type 035.JPG
    Red, white and blue show, T Type 035.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
The original owner did the research. It's equiped w/ grey leather buckets and half console, most of the 1035 Limited Turbo T's in 87 came with cloth buckets or bench.

The original owner did the research. It's equiped w/ grey leather buckets and half console, most of the 1035 Limited Turbo T's in 87 came with cloth buckets or bench.
I assumed most were made with leather. It's just what I see the most of. Mine has cloth 60/40. Nice car!
I also have a GS455.

I don't think anyone really knows how many of any color were made, let alone a certain combo. There were so many options that each Limited is a snowflake...likely a 1 of 1 if you want to narrow the options down enough. I will say white is one of if not the most common colors. Neither leather nor cloth in itself is rare. Leather is less common overall, and only available in two colors. Tan leather...that's rare. There are also only two types of seats in a Limited. All leather cars have AS7 in the RPO sticker and are split bench/tall console cars. All cloth cars are AM6 bench cars. There were no cloth AS7 cars. I hope this info clears that up.

To the OP...contact me via PM with a picture of your RPO and I'll give you an idea how rare the car is. ;)