Me vs. A road rager

streetworkxs

Christmas Night, just heading home. A little wet out.I'm doing 55 in a 55 just downshifted from 5th to 4th in my isuzu trooper, going up a hill and pass a car doing 45. I round the top of the hill and am coasting down still doing 55 on the brakes, than BAM. The same person I passed races up and cuts in front of me - now there are cars in the right lane, median in the left. She slams on the brakes and then causes me to react the same. It wasn't just a brake check for a second. We dropped from 55 - 35? extremely quick. I hit the brakes and feel the rears start to drag (No ABS though), so I ease up off the brakes and by now I'm probably 8-12 inches off the bumper. Then its a red light up ahead and I pull over to the next lane because thats where I was going, and the stupid b**** pulls in front of the car in front of me and does the same s**t. So we are all extremely close on everybumper stopped in the lane, and the light turns green and the person doesn't proceed in the lane she pulled into. By that time cars were already flying past and I couldn't follow her. It was those roads that turn into a freeway. I'm Extremely pissed off. Merry Christmas to that A-Hole!! The sad thing is, more than half the time stuff happens like this, they turn out to be one of my neighbors a block over. If I had a brick I would have thrown it through her window... :mad:

She'll do that $hit to the wrong person, and get an a$$ whoopin she'll never forget... her time's coming!!

i want that to happen to me sometime when i'm in one of my beaters that i don't care about... it'd be fun to just barrel into somebody who trys to brake-check you like that. its not so fun when somebody calls your bluff and your car gets messed up and you end up with whiplash! then just keep the pedal down and push them right off the road. sorry, i fantasize about doing stuff like that to idiot drivers sometimes. :mad:

I watch people flash their high beams, tailgate, and do the hard braking all the time around here. Just don't feed into it because it's the people that weren't involved the take the brunt of the damage. I had one guy confuse my 01 Aurora with a 01-06 Ford Taurus (Close in color too) that was pissing him off on the e-way on the way to work. He stayed behind me every chance he could with his high beams on for at least four miles.:mad: Traffic got a little heavy and slowed down, and guess what he sees ahead and in another lane...the Taurus. I point to him and he dims his lights. After that he stayed like five cars back at all speeds so I couldn't follow him to his exit.:rolleyes: I was pissed, but if I did anything to him I'd be in back of the squad while he gets a simple citation.:frown:

I had a pretty similar incident on Christmas Day coming back from dinner with the family. There was a Taxi Cab driver that was lolly gagging along and I speed up and passed him. I was in the GTO that I never drive, so it's nice to get on it everyonce in a while. Well, a couple minutes later the same Taxi speed up and was tailgating me so close I could see the jerk in my rear view mirror. I slowed down because I knew I was in control of the situation and he couldn't go anywhere due to the fact the was a car in the next lane right beside me, so he couldn't pass. Anyhow, I end of taking an exit which was a two lane and he was finally able to pass. I have never seen anyone so upset before, my wife and I smiled at him and waved as he passed us, this appeared to upset him even more. Next thing we know, the big middle finger came out his window and we just started laughing. Some people need to just take a chill pill and not take life so seriously. This guy had to be in his late 40's early 50's, you would think by now these people would learn to not over react over things like this. Pretty sad really....

Yeah, people do need to calm down when they drive. The second time they pulled the same thing, another SUV was involved and we were both hard on the brakes. But luckily nobody hit anyone. Unfortunatly I don't have a front bumper (as of the moment) but it would have been more satisfying to tap the person and let them know I don't want to play their game. It was a '99 camry. :cool:

I think I will be putting horns on the rear of my car eventually. It makes sense for the tailgaters. Maybe some spikes, or bullhorns on the bumpers. :smile:

I think I will be putting horns on the rear of my car eventually. It makes sense for the tailgaters. Maybe some spikes, or bullhorns on the bumpers. :smile:

Yeah we have those people here too :(

I always wanted to get one of those scolling led signs and put it in the back window and program it with some choice statements to get their attention :biggrin:

At dusk,I was behind a state trooper who was slowing down periodically as if looking for a side street. Female driver behind me getting extremely irate (guess she didn't see the car ahead of me), flashing lights and tailgating 6 inches off my bumper.

Without warning, patolman turns on blue lights, JACKS his brakes on, and makes a left hand turn on a small, non-marked dirt road.

BAM car rear-ends me! Female driver (in late 30's) gets out, in nurse scrubs, cursing about how I was an agressive driver and was intentionally blocking the road with my car. I explained that we would have to call the cops since the one who turned didn't see the crash and was long gone now.

Female non-driver refuses to move her car off the road (which is state law here - if your car will move you are required to move off the road if you wreck). I put my car in gear to park it on a side road (since this part of highway is in a bad blind spot) and felt that my trailer hitch was caught on her car.

Had to to ecellerate the engine quite hard to pull away. Heard the turbo starting to spool. There is an AWFUL screeching and popping noise as I tore off the entire bumper cover and part of the wiring harness of her late-model Acura!

Now she jumps out of her car again, screaming like a mad banshee, chasing me on foot (I'm in my car) as I pull down the side road.

I called 911 again and let the operator hear the performance she put on as I talked to her. She slapped the side of my car, keyed my car, and tried to break the (locked) door handles. Twice I had to drive forward to get away from her for fear she would really damage my car.

When the policeman came (same guy who turned down that side road) he ended up arresting this woman.

I explained the whole situation and looked at my car finding no significant damage from the accident. Thankfully, I never heard anything else from the authorities after this!

This was in my 86 Century T-Type with turbo 2.8.

Later,
David

I usually go to WalMart late on Saturday nights (12am) when no one is there and one time 2 punks in a 1500 series Chevy truck were going 20 on a 40 mph road and every time I tried to pass them in my S10, they would speed up so I would have to fall back behind. I guess they got tired of me slightly pulling left behind them to see if oncoming traffic was clear and they slammed on the brakes and got out asking me what my problem was and if I wanted some. I don't carry a gun but I did carry a wristrocket with me and they were looking into my headlights so I nailed the driver in the chest with a 3/8" steel bearing ball. He yelled out and the passenger saw him go down and he jumped back into the truck. I backed up, blacked out and drove away the other direction with them never to see who it was or exactly what the vehicle was as it is pitch black out here at night and no street lights. :biggrin: My bet is that they think twice about doing that again.

I don't carry a gun but I did carry a wristrocket with me and they were looking into my headlights so I nailed the driver in the chest with a 3/8" steel bearing ball.

HAHAHAHA!!!;) I knew it! I just figured it would be a honda driver, LOL. Gotta get me one of those slingshots, bet it looked like the rock going down at the beginning of The Run Down when he gets hit with the beanbag gun!

Always have to wonder why the *#&@ somebody has to be that close and tailgating, If they are tailgating me and I'm doing 6-8mph over the speedlimit, I'll slow down to the limit and let them enjoy that. Seems that people have gotten more angry and worse at driving in the past 10 years...

I am all for doing the speed limit out where I live because you don't know what is going to run across the road and plus the Sheriff's like to hang out in the dark and catch people doing more than 5mph over. I just do my thing and if they want to pass, let them. They will get busted and I will still get where I need to be... on time. :biggrin: I just hate it when these idiots think I have the problem when they can't even do the correct speed and then get all worked up when I try to go around them to GET TO the speed limit. It was even a passing zone. They wanted "some" so at least the driver got "some". The passenger jumped in and ducked below window view. Hell, for all he knew, I could have walked up and planted one in the driver's head and then hit the passenger. BUT, I am not one for violence. ;) ;) Oh, well. It was funny to me when it happened and the driver made the funniest sound as he dropped. No blood in his perfectly white Tshirt so I know he didn't die from external bleeding. I bet he had a Hell of a bruise though. :eek: