May have found new radiator option.

Quick6

I found a radiator shop here that claims they are getting me a 'NEW" radiator for my GN. The picture shows all the correct dimensions and fitting sizes. Has both coolers on the correct side and has metal tanks with brass 3 row core. The rad is for our cars . I think the company who has them is SPI out of Canada??. Anyway I ordered one with the ability not to accept it at the shop if it does not meet expectations, but all the numbers and dimensions on paper are exact. The rad shop is a big distributor and he called and they claim to have them available. Will post back on what I receive.

It was listing for $290, but I got it for 212, still seems expensive for a radiator, but if it is a direct replacement and both coolers its worth it. Once again I will see it probably next week and will give more info. If it is true I will see about getting more.:)

I tried something like that, a few years ago. The darn thing rusted out. Yep, the cooling fins were falling out, and everything was turning green. So, I tossed it. Incredible waste of money.

I'd still with Nick if I had it all to do over again.

Originally posted by bruce
I tried something like that, a few years ago. The darn thing rusted out. Yep, the cooling fins were falling out, and everything was turning green. So, I tossed it. Incredible waste of money.

I'd still with Nick if I had it all to do over again.

Thats swell, sorry yours rusted. I'll take a look at this one and decide when it arrives. I bought one of Nicks and wasn't happy with the way the end tanks looked (dented and such) so what I want is a NEW rad if I can find it with all the coolers without the cost of a be-cool.

Summit aluminum 31x19 for $180 with two external coolers and your done. The externals will cool the fluids better anyways and this rad offers the most cooling possible.

I just did a Summit 30 X 19 on a 502 powered 70 Nova

Average temp in traffic taking it home was 140*. Looks like we may need to do a 160 thermostat instead of a flow restrictor. :cool: