Max Effort?

T

Tubo Boy

How the hell does it work? How do u make adjustments. They're site said ajust even, odd, zero to this, zero to that. How many zeros arew their. I don't get it? It pisses me off not knowing this ****! Thanks

Have way less beer...then go back and view Steve's site. If it still doesn't make sense, repost. This is the best chip system available for our cars hands down. There is a way to program the chip, AND a way to adjust/tune it and maybe that's where your confusion lies...dunno.
Jim

Do you have a Max Effort? It's very simple, it's pretty much right on as is. I only adjusted the WOT fuel and cruise fuel. What exactly do you need to know? Basically you can adjust the WOT fuel with the engine running with the thumbwheel. I actually floored mine and tweaked it while running. To do the other adjustments you shut the engine off, put the shifter into drive, select what you want to adjust by turning the thumbwheel and hit the gaspedal to the floor to change the numbers. For the most part you're adding or subtracting fuel at different points. The numbers are displayed on your scantool in the integrator and blocklearn area. Hope this helps. It's actually very simple but it sounds complicated until you actually try it.

I don't know

I don't know how you physically adjust it? What do you do and how, and i'm only 15 can'y LEGALLY drick yet.

It comes with a thumbwheel for adjusting it. Either 0-7 or 0-15 depending on if you get the 8 position or 16 position. A higher # is more fuel.

Look at it this way
1) it's a fuel management system
2) it is easy to adjust when you have it in front of you
3) Don't worry about it until you get one
4) GET ONE. It is the best chip out there.

There is a thumbwheel on it that has letters/numbers. You turn the thumbwheel to adjust a certain parameter. It was confusing to me also (still is) trying to understand all the parameters but the basics are easily understood after a week a messsing around with it....lol..

ks

It is very simple...it is programmed when the engine is not running but the key is in the run position and the tranny is in drive.

As per the site, a number of the tw positions controls a certain parameter. If you want to change the default cruise number, you put the tw on pos 5, key on, engine off, tranny in drive, and read the current number in the cruise fuel program in the blm slot of your scan tool. If you want to richen the cruise number by six, you pump the gas pedal six times. If you want to go leaner by six, you switch the ac on, and pump the pedal six times and the blm read out will drop six numbers...go back and read the site, it is pretty clear.

Thanks!

Thanks guys you made it al to clear to me. Thanx alot guys your great.

octane?

Is it a street Chip, Race chip, and what octane rating can it be used on with alky?

It is primarily aimed at race..but, it comes with two timing curves, one for 93 octane and one for race gas....there are many variations of it with regard to timing...two of my cars have variable timing for use with alky and fixed timing on the race gas side...

There are two types. An 8 position and a 16 position. The 16 position has 2 sets of WOT timing, 1 for street and one for race.
Positions 1-7 use street timing and positions 8-F use race timing.

Octane depends on how much boost you want to run and how much alchy you want to run with it but running 91 octane @ approx 24psi has been done w/o problems. I think Steve Y has run 26psi but I don't know the octane..

hth's
ks

on the 8 position, pos 1&2 are low timing for 93 octane, and the other 5 are for race gas. Pos zero is a no start position. The web site has a very good discussion of the base chips...

I believe Steve Y runs 93 octane with alky...