Max boost on B-32 racing fuel

77tech9

Extreme Huffer
Phillips 66 Racing fuel b-32 is suppose to be 114 Octane leaded gas.

I'm not sure how much boost I think I should run on my engine. Everything is mostly stock with just a few mods in my sign.

Am I forgetting anything before I take it to the track tonight?

If you are still using the stock turbo you aren't going to be able to go past 21-22psi. The stock turbo is not effcient at levels above that.

But the general rule that most of us use is keep turning up the boost 1 lb. at a time till it knocks. Then turn it back down a lb.!! :D

I saw Mike Gale run 26# with a stealth turbo (similar to a 70 series) and GN-1's without KR on 114 but it was a low 20* chip. I also Saw Mike Verba run almost 30# with a PT-54 and Champion irons but am not sure of his chip. I run 22# with a TE-44 on 100UL and a 23* chip. You should be able to max the boost (20# - 21#) of your stock turbo if you keep the timing around 26* - 30*. But as suggested earlier, if you have never run high boost, start at 18# and go up. I was actually thinking of running the 114 next time at the track because I am told the 118 could be slowing me down.

I heard of that also, but all I can get cheap is this 114 for $3.50 a gal..

I dont want to go crazy, but i'll try around 18-20 and see how it runs :D

careful!

B-32 is 110 (112research/108motor). I have a drum and was also informed it was 114.

oops

114research/106motor but it's still 110. The motor octane is a little low IMO vs some of the other fuels. Hope this helped
Ross L

Re: oops

Originally posted by Ross L
114research/106motor but it's still 110. The motor octane is a little low IMO vs some of the other fuels. Hope this helped
Ross L

Well for $3.50 a gal i'll be alright I think with 20# on my stock turbo :p

I can get it down here at a gas station called Tall Man Oil. I can get you some if you like one day.

I've heard everything from 110 to 114 octane from this gas. Next time I go i'll ask them what they rate it at.

You might consider using a Thrasher 108 instead of a Thrasher 92 to use with the race fuel. You will be quite a bit faster with the 108 chip (as long as you have the octane).

Regards,
Eric

Oh ya I tryed thrasher, sorry my sign is a little wrong.

I have a Reds 93 chip now, lots more timing, I like the feel of it a lot better then the thrasher.

I hope you have a scan tool of some sort before you crank the boost up to 20 lbs. Don't see one in your signature.

Hey 77tech9, are you going to the Muscle Car Shootout in Pueblo on the 29th?

Originally posted by XLR8
Hey 77tech9, are you going to the Muscle Car Shootout in Pueblo on the 29th?

Every year! I only live 5 minutes from the track :p

Lets see if I can get my engine to blow up with 20 PSI tonight :p

Down the road felt nice. No knock.

Unless you lean out or are running 38* of timing you should have no problems with 20# with 110. The only problem you will encounter is the addiciton that high boost will cause. :D

Well after a day of slow spooling

60' 2.500
1/8 9.595
MPH 77.78

I just can't get that gasket to stay where the turbo meets the header. I've tryed everything, I guess tomorrow i'll try sanding the turbo and header flange and see if I can get a seal without a gasket :mad:

Once i spooled, car was fast as hell :D Too bad only 1/8 mile tonight cause of rain.