MAS Flow and Speed Density

Rampage

I have a simple question. Is there any advantage of replacing my current stock 20 year old ECM MAS flow setup with a speed density system such as a FAST XFI system. How is the tuning and driveability? What sucks about the FAST system other than price?

Whether it will benefit you depends on a lot of things. What is your combination?

I'd agree. If you do decide to go to speed density (my personal favorite), there's also a couple ways to go depending on your budget and goals.

Most extreme.....and $$$.... FAST XFI, BigStuff3, etc.
Stand alone systems that replace the stock ECU
Cal and others can advise you best on the FAST XFI

Least extreme.....and much fewer $$$$.... Translator Pro/Extender Pro
Piggy back system which works in conjuctions with the stock ECU
I and others can advise you best on the Translator Pro setup

I'd agree. If you do decide to go to speed density (my personal favorite), there's also a couple ways to go depending on your budget and goals.

Most extreme.....and $$$.... FAST XFI, BigStuff3, etc.
Stand alone systems that replace the stock ECU
Cal and others can advise you best on the FAST XFI

Least extreme.....and much fewer $$$$.... Translator Pro/Extender Pro
Piggy back system which works in conjuctions with the stock ECU
I and others can advise you best on the Translator Pro setup

The difference in price may not be as much as you think, especially if you snag a used system.

My current setup is typical nothing radical;
CPT-60 Turbo
009 injectors
MAF w/translator
3" inch THDP
Eastern FMIC
Full 3" dual ATR Pitbull Exhaust
Stock Block, heads, intake and bottom end
Vigilante TC
Stock Rear end
Walbro w\hotwire
The future upgrades I'm looking at are 50# injectors and Champion Iron heads(maybe) and a Power Plate.

My goal is to have a nice ride which is strong and dead-nuts reliable and I'm looking to see what can be done with the current Commodore VIC-20 ECU:rolleyes: . I don't have any intention of turning this thing into a 10 sec car anything, I just want to increase the reliability.

Any advice would be helpful...

yeah i got my Bank 2 bank box for 900 bucks i got the plug and play harness o2 sensor(new) and some start-up files.

the trnaslator stuff works great and can't be beat for the money.