Mas air flo

slow 86 gn

Still SLOW
Checked for air leaks could not find any. Here is how the car is running. These numbers are off of turbo link. MAS AIR 4G/S IAC 21 LV8 36 TPS .43 O2 CC 16 INT 124 BLM 110 MAT 72.7 PROM 1966 COOLANT TEMP 167 RPM 725 BATTERY VOLTAGE 13.8 CLOSED LOOP. The problem is it is still running rich. The only thing that I could think of is the manifold gasket mite have blown out to the inside of the motor. The heads were ported quite a bit, and there is not much for the gasket to grab .080 or so. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for the HELP. John:confused:

Black smoke rings out the tail pipe at idle. Also i have been told that the numbers on the mass air flow are to low. I have been told that the number should be 6 or 7g/s at idle. This is the third mas i have tried in the last week. The highest was 4g/s. One of them was at 3g/s and would not idle at all.

If the MAF reads too low, it will be too lean and you will see the BLM climb way up over 128. You should be able to get by with it at 4 g/s. Normal is around 5-6. Does your MAF have both screens in?

Are you getting the black smoke all the time at idle or just on a cold start? Your BLM is at 110 at idle. Since its not bottomed out at 105, the air/fuel ratio should be ok (unless your oxygen sensor is bad).

Eric