Manual Break Set up

BUFORD93

What is the best set up for converting over to manual breaks? I am removing my power master. This is mostly a strip car with the factory disk / drum set up.

Thanks

Manual Brakes...

I converted over to Manual Brakes when my Power Master set-up took a dump. I went with a Wilwood Master Cylinder, I also have Wilwood front and rear disc...

My car is a Street/Strip car. The brakes work really well and was a straight forward conversion...

-John

Details of the conversion please.

Thanks

Manual Brake Firewall Adapter...Several companies make these. TRZ or AutoFab. make a nice adapter...

Wilwood Master Cylinder...You can purchase the Master Cylinder from these companies also. The Master Cylinder comes with a threaded rod that you will need to adapt to the factory Pushrod that connects the the GN Brake Pedal. I cut my factory Pushrod to length and then threaded it to match the Wilwood rod, I used a threaded coupler to connect the two rods. I also used nuts to lock the two rods together for safety...

Brake Lines...You'll need to rebend the factory lines to connect to the Wilwood Master Cylinder. I'm thinking the fittings may need to be swapped out to work with the Wilwood Master Cylinder also. I added a Line-Lock to my Brake set-up when I made the conversion...

Sounds like some work, but it was a pretty easy conversion. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions...John

06-12-08009.jpg

06-12-08010.jpg