Manual boost controller help

87GNattyKid

Hey i was looking into getting a manual boost controller for my car to lower the boost because it seems to be making too much at higher rpms. I am running it with 93 fuel and just wanted to be safe and lower the boost. I just wanted to know what manual boost controllers are good? Id rather have a manual than an electronic one, and i heard that a ball and spring controller is better than a bleed off one? is this right? Thanks

I use the manual controller from turbonetics. It is a manual proportioning valve. It cost around 80 bucks.

I use the rjc boost controller. It is ball and spring and simple to install. I think it is cheaper also. Have mine turned one or two turns and get 15-16 lbs of boost and no spike. Takes a little testing to get boost to right settings, but works good.

Check out the JoeP manual boost controller on BoostController.com or JoePMBC.com. I have the aluminum IL series in-line boost controller. I had the XZ MBC on my twin turbo 300ZX. Several buddies of mine have used them as well on their 300ZXs as well. Very reasonable at $45-50.

Hey i was looking into getting a manual boost controller for my car to lower the boost because it seems to be making too much at higher rpms. I am running it with 93 fuel and just wanted to be safe and lower the boost. I just wanted to know what manual boost controllers are good? Id rather have a manual than an electronic one, and i heard that a ball and spring controller is better than a bleed off one? is this right? Thanks

Are you using the factory boost solenoid set up now? If you are looking to just lower your boost you could extend the actuator rod and that will cost you nothing.

I use the rjc boost controller. It is ball and spring and simple to install. I think it is cheaper also. Have mine turned one or two turns and get 15-16 lbs of boost and no spike. Takes a little testing to get boost to right settings, but works good.

X2 Why not use a boost controller for a Turbo Buick by a Turbo Buick vendor,they make it.:eek:No bling just effective.I have them on both my cars

Kevin

A boost controller will not lower your boost below what your waist gate is set for. A stock gate will allow a minimum of 10 psi and that should be fine on 93 if every thing is up to par. One way to get the boost lower is to run the waist gate line from the compressor housing directly to the waist gate bypassing the stock boost solenoid. Now, you mentioned the boost goes higher in the upper RPMs, that sounds like boost creep. That is a whole different issue; no boost controller will fix that.

P.s. fill out your signature with what you have done to the car and it helps us help you.

Good luck with getting this resolved, Rich F