manual boost controller help please

NOKA72

whats up guys...need some help...i had a chip burnt for my car..pte..lubrant...so we were discussing that boost was to high and i was seeing and hearing knock...so he told me to try to manually adjust and then we will reset the chip...got it to 14# and no knock with the rod...so to make things easier i tried setting up an in car boost controller today...manual knob style..so heres my questions.
1. i hooked it up to the y hose the one that went to the solenoid..is this correct?of course not connected to the solenoid
2. i plugged the 2 smaller holes on controller...correct???
3. i have the controller connected with the arrow facing out..in other words..open and exhausting to atmosphere..correct??
4.i feel a slight vacumm pull from this opening which leads me to beleive something is not right in how i set it up...correct???
it seems to be working i can adjust boost...but want to be sure...thanks vinny

I am in no way a pro on this subject but i've had a bleeder valve in the car for years & this is how mine is hooked up.
Have a T in the line before boost solenoid, hose to bleeder valve in the car. 1 turn open gives me 1 extra pound boost. The more I turn it the louder the hissing sound gets. Not sure about the holes you talk about blocking? Like I said I just know this is how mine works. Hope somehow this helps.

I guarantee within 5 replies Sinful6 will be pimping his ball and spring valve. Anyway with a bleeder like that, you adjust boost by how much you bleed off. there's no spring in it or anything you just always bleed off some air. So when you're not under boost, you will notice some vacuum. You have it hooked up properly. You're just noticing some of the traits of that setup (I'm not a big fan). for $150 (dirt cheap) you get an electronic boost controller with some cool features. No reason IMHO to bother with a $15 bleeder valve/vacuum hoses/whatever.

hey whats up...so your saying i have it correct...and i dont have to hook up the wastegate solenoid..of course cause that would defeat the purpose....so its safe to say that this opening is not creating a vac leak????thanks vinny

Like I said I am Not a Pro BUT my solenoid is still hooked up as normal and I have a T in front of it. Just bleeding off air before it hits the solenoid. Hey maybe this system I have is wrong but it works!! Has been for years?? Got me thinking mine is back asswards ?? :confused: :eek: :eek:

i have a Hallman ES MBC on my Talon TSi and it works great.only 50 bucks from BoostController.com. i have mine hooked up in between the reference port on the compressor outlet and the wastegate actuator.i dont know how it would work on a turbo buick cause i dont own one yet,but i cant see why it wouldnt work the same:confused:

hey guys...ill tell ya...im going to look into one because this bleed off type..is inconsistant...and i see boost spike....going to use the adj. rod till i get a controller...vinny

yup, that's a MBC for you. you don't get precise control w/ them. buy something like a ramcharger's BstC for $150 instead. Another alternative is a ball and spring valve that holds pressure off of the wastegate until a popoff pressure is reached.