Man, GNs sure get a lot of attention...

I'd drive my GN over the mustang any day, but it spun a bearing so i had to get something. Didnt realize how much women liked stangs. I always say well its nice (98 GT convertible) but not like my other black car, and people are like "what other car? I dont remember it". Shows what the average person knows. Nothing feels like the GN, and its awesome driving something almost no one has or even knows about. Can't wait to get it fixed.

oh and I'm not gay if that's what you meant lol :biggrin:

I don't miss the attention. I bought an '86 new and kept it 12 years. Man, that was a tough period maintaining that black paint! Bought a chrome package '87 T w/landau in 2000 which is much more to my liking to be able to fly beneath the radar screen. I'm 46 yrs old, married with 4 children so I don't want or need the undue attention. I have noticed that more folks are looking closer at the "T" lately so they must have an inkling what it is. Another member here of the spun bearing club as my car went down in late June. Motor pull and rebuild to occur and begin next month. I miss my car!

cwelk87gn said:
I can remember being a younger and walking up to a guy with a Corvette at a show and telling him I liked his car and how he just looked at me and blew me off.
Typical Vette owner :D That's what sets us Buick folks apart from the rest, and the saying "Going Fast with Class" cause the Vettes can't claim that saying :)

2QUIK6 said:
Typical Vette owner :D That's what sets us Buick folks apart from the rest, and the saying "Going Fast with Class" cause the Vettes can't claim that saying :)
"Go Fast with Glass" I beleive is what Vette owners say. :D Not to go off on a tangent either, but I feel I must defend Corvette owners because my father and my uncles all own old Corvettes, (Years 1954, 57,58 67,74,79 and 80 between all of them) and they would never blow anybody off. However, I know the Stigma that goes with Corvettes and it's jerks like the one mentioned by cwelk87GN that give other Corvette owners a bad name.
BTW, nice Trans AM 2QUIK6. We have a red 99 Camaro SS with white leather in the family.

darkred87T said:
BTW, nice Trans AM 2QUIK6. We have a red 99 Camaro SS with white leather in the family.
That red/white color combo is a very beautiful combo IMO. I've never seen another TA like it so I guess its very rare. I seen a few f-bodies with a white top, but they always have charcoal int.
I have several good friends that are vette owners and are very cool folks, but I guess thats why neither of them is in the Vette club as both claim its too much of a "stuffy/snobby" crowd. Didn't mean to call "all" vette owners as being snobs.

Yeah, we figure my fathers 99 is pretty rare. I Haven't seen another late model F-body car besides yours with white leather.

NEARING said:
Got stopped by a state cop just so he could "have a look at it", and that was when it needed painted.

I had the same thing happen, I got pulled over by a county cop.
It turns out he also owned a GN and just wanted to check out my car.

Get used to the attention Jolly460, these cars turn a lot of heads.
I get a thumbs up or a compliment just about every time I take the
car out, it's kinda funny.

Open your hood at the drag strip and see how many people come by
to take a look. :cool: