Malf code with Scanmaster & Extender?

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Hi,
I got a check engine light for the first time since putting in the Extender a few years ago. (Don't drive the car very often). I checked the scanmaster to see what the code was and realized it doesn't display the trouble code with this chip. How do I get it? (I don't want to switch chips without unplugging power, but unplugging the power will clear the code)
Thanks!

You can either change the chip without disconnecting the power or use the paper clip method to display the code via the check engine light.

HTH
David
87GN

GeneralB44 said:
Hi,
I got a check engine light for the first time since putting in the Extender a few years ago. (Don't drive the car very often). I checked the scanmaster to see what the code was and realized it doesn't display the trouble code with this chip. How do I get it? (I don't want to switch chips without unplugging power, but unplugging the power will clear the code)
Thanks!

You can safely change chips without interupting power. JUST MAKE SURE THE IGNITION KEY IS NOT ON.

Thanks, the paper clip trick worked! Got code 45, now to figure out if it's tuning issues or dying/dead O2 sensor.