Makin' 3.5 MAF fit on uppipe? (MAF relocation)

TurboTommy

Carless Loser
Bruce! Help me with your expertise!
(or anyone else who is willing to help) :)
How should I get a 3.5 inch MAF on the uppipe?
I can't find a 2inch to 3.5 inch transition hose. Maybe I could make a 3 inch uppipe connected to the intercooler with a 2 to 3 inch transition hose, then a 3-3.5 hoses for the maf?
But those transition hoses are expensive and where would I get a 3 inch maf pipe...a mufflerman may be able to bend me one.

What do you think I should do?

Originally posted by TurboTommy
Bruce! Help me with your expertise!
(or anyone else who is willing to help) :)
How should I get a 3.5 inch MAF on the uppipe?
I can't find a 2inch to 3.5 inch transition hose. Maybe I could make a 3 inch uppipe connected to the intercooler with a 2 to 3 inch transition hose, then a 3-3.5 hoses for the maf?
But those transition hoses are expensive and where would I get a 3 inch maf pipe...a mufflerman may be able to bend me one.

What do you think I should do?

Run a 3" MAF or put the 3.5 sensor in a 3" housing.
If you cut the vane out of a 3" housing it gets close to being the same area as a 3.5 housing.

Using the 3" housing makes it simple.
Using the #" housing just means needing one transistion hose.
Remember you need a plenum spacer to stuff even a 3" housing in there.

Tommy, Get a 3" housing, cut out the airfoil but leave the venturi intact. You'll notice the locating tabs for the sensor are a little different cut 2 new slots in the housing to locate the sensor and you'll be good to go.

Thanks guys! Sounds like I get to have a little more fun with this than I thought...now to find a 3" housing :)

Hey Bruce, how are you running a plenum spacer and an ATR 7th? My ATR is indenting the hood pad even with the stock plenum.

Tom

Originally posted by tminer
Hey Bruce, how are you running a plenum spacer and an ATR 7th? My ATR is indenting the hood pad even with the stock plenum.

I think my car had a torn engine mount at one time, and the liner was already buggered. I had take an knife and cut the loose stuff out. I don't know what all it would be like with everything perfectly intact.

But, I'll tell ya, this full time 7th (with the other mods) is just incredible. I'm running about the same plenum air temps without an I/C, as what I did with a stocker and a big neck.