Magna flow mufflers

fvcwe4

I was wondering if any of you guys out their are using these on your turbo regals? And if so are they good or bad? Also how do they sound I am trying to decide what exhaust to go with but not that sure.

Thanks

I have two magnaflow 3" straight through mufflers in my 2.75 catback with test pipe and 3" dp and I think they sound pretty good. Relatively quiet but still have some rumble. This is the only aftermarket system ive had on my car, however, so I cant compare to anything but stock. Performance wise...my g/f could stick her arm all the way through it so you know you dont have to worry about them not flowing enough. Got the whole cat-back system from www.jaysgn.com. Good price, good fit, great performance.

My dad has them on his car. Compaired to my Hookers, the Magnaflows are slightly louder with a little more drone than the Hookers. but nothing obtrusive or abnoctions. I actually like the Magna's better, tried getting dad to trade but he wouldn't. Wonder if he wold notice if I swapped them :rolleyes: :biggrin: .

Magnaflows for me, they flow way more than the hookers. 1133 cfm compared to the hooker areochamber at 595 :eek: So for all you guys out there that swear by the areochambers think again. :biggrin:

Blaze said:
Magnaflows for me, they flow way more than the hookers. 1133 cfm compared to the hooker areochamber at 595 :eek: So for all you guys out there that swear by the areochambers think again. :biggrin:
I have the funky Hooker Super Comps--do you (anyone) know what they flow?? Tks, Monte

TurboMonte 2 said:
I have the funky Hooker Super Comps--do you (anyone) know what they flow?? Tks, Monte
I have the same ones, and am curious also about the flow #'s.

First aftermarket mufflers are magnaflows. I can't compare to anything but stock, Night and Day. 2.5" SS exhaust, 3"THDP woke up my car more than any other mod.....so far...... :cool:

Get them

I have Race magnums on my 2-3/4" duals.. love them... no droan and sound good when you stomp it..

Dennis

Blaze said:

I misspoke, the areo chambers flow 441 cfm & the hooker "Maximum Flow" flow's 595 cfm. I'm getting this info from Summit.

too loud

Grumpy said:
to loud for me :rolleyes: :eek:

Grumpy, what do you use if you like a quiet muffler with performance?

I always liked the super turbos, nice and quiet. I decided to try the Race magnums and they seem quiet to me. Now this was after yanking a single shot off of a car I just bought, could not stand that. So maybe they just seemed quiet after that noisy single shot.

I am curious cuz I am always looking for a nice quiet muffler. I too like a quiet car.

Dennis

Ssvalleyboy said:
First aftermarket mufflers are magnaflows. I can't compare to anything but stock, Night and Day. 2.5" SS exhaust, 3"THDP woke up my car more than any other mod.....so far...... :cool:

I have a 3" KBell downpipe, test pipe/dump--w/ Hooker 2.5" dual Super Comps. I find the drone tolerable & the sound not too-terrible. I would just like to know what I may be giving up in flowability...so I'm ready to "do the right thing" when they "fail"... :D Tks,

Monte

turbobuickman said:
I have two magnaflow 3" straight through mufflers in my 2.75 catback with test pipe and 3" dp and I think they sound pretty good. Relatively quiet but still have some rumble. This is the only aftermarket system ive had on my car, however, so I cant compare to anything but stock. Performance wise...my g/f could stick her arm all the way through it so you know you dont have to worry about them not flowing enough. Got the whole cat-back system from www.jaysgn.com. Good price, good fit, great performance.

Kyle,

Is your exhaust from jaysgn.com the same kit as Full Throttle sells? Here's a link to theirs:
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc~ic~001275GN~eq~~Tp~.htm

K.