MAF Translator PRO vs TRANS PLUS

slapstick

which is the best to buy i done a search and not found much info on MAF Translator PRO but read at full throttle u could do away with mass airflow sensor does anyone have a pro and tell me how good it is i read alot of good on plus but not alot of info on pro and does pro work with alky kit thanks:confused:

Best bet would be to call full throttle and speak directly with Mike.. he will guide u.

My best input would be if you can tune very well and have a very good understanding of how the GN's tic, fuel, ign, etc then the trans pro is a consideration...mind u it is NOT NOVICE.

The plus is a more novice

The Pro Rocks! Though you do need a general understanding of how things work just like turbo nasty says.

You can run the pro with a MAF (in translator mode) and it is very simpleto tune, then you can switch up to speed density as you gain experience.

B

I'm considering the PRO also- how does the boost control feature work? Similar to a Greddy Profec?

what about the 2nd part of his question about how does it work with alky?

Would you just remove fuel from the top end just like the alky chips do?

Also is spool up that much faster with out the MAF?

I'm considering the PRO also- how does the boost control feature work? Similar to a Greddy Profec?

It has several adjustments to ensure fastest spool-up. I haven't used the Greddy stuff. Its closed loop to control boost to your desired pressure.

Bob

what about the 2nd part of his question about how does it work with alky?

Would you just remove fuel from the top end just like the alky chips do?

Also is spool up that much faster with out the MAF?

Yes, you can remove top end fuel,

or you can have the unit remove top end fuel only when the alky is on (aux trigger wire)

or you can have the unit remove fuelautomatically based on wideband O2 feedback.

it works very well.

Spoolup is noticably better, but varies depending on turbo, engine, and converter......

Bob

Works great with alky. Spool up is awesome. Paired with a wideband o2, you can't go wrong.

Rick :cool:

I'll also be one of the "graduates" moving up from the Translator + to the Translator Pro. I've been with the Trans + since there was one and love it, but I'd like to try and move up the tuning ladder a little, soooooo....
I'll probably be on here asking all the "newbie" questions on getting things up and running, which from what I hear should present few if any problems at all.
The tuning experience I have; it'll probably be a matter of "learning" new terminologies of the T Pro, and then adding in the really neat features as budgeting permits.. :D