MAF sensor replacement

ROB-STOCK87T

My stock MAF sensor just failed. I have read many threads that the remanufactured ones are pretty much garbage. I guess even the ones carrying the AC Delco name are not reliable. I hate that I will probably have to lose the stock look. If I go to the 3" LT1 and translator setup are any mods required to support the setup or will it bolt up just like the factory without changing much of anything. Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

You can usually find a good used one here on the board. Did you search the for sale section? Just make sure the seller gives a money back guarantee. Make sure he says so in the post. So no BS. ;)

Otherwise you can get a lt-1 sensor and a basic translator. I would get a modern chip for it as well but not necessary.

HTH

My factory one died last summer........I was going to go the translator LT-1 route but the translator was on BO from Full Throttle. So I ended up buying a rebuilt AC Delco. Works perfect......guess I got lucky and saved some coin too.

You can usually find a good used one here on the board. Did you search the for sale section? Just make sure the seller gives a money back guarantee. Make sure he says so in the post. So no BS. ;)

Otherwise you can get a lt-1 sensor and a basic translator. I would get a modern chip for it as well but not necessary.

HTH

X2, The 3" LT1 sensor will bolt right in with your stock maf hose or pipe, as was said just get a basic translator for a buick, otherwise you will need a wire harness adapter if the translator is for a Chevy. Modern chip would also help you out. You just have to set the 4 dip switches inside the translator for the application.

Good advice Rick. There was a setup, but it sold. Thanks all for your input. It would be nice to get lucky with a stock MAF, not sure which route I will pursue. Maybe do the LT1 setup and see if someone can improve on the remanufactured units in the future.

Thanks

Good advice Rick. There was a setup, but it sold. Thanks all for your input. It would be nice to get lucky with a stock MAF, not sure which route I will pursue. Maybe do the LT1 setup and see if someone can improve on the remanufactured units in the future.

Thanks

I'm in NC & will stand behind a new AC delco or used. We test both before we ship.