Maf reads 4.6 engine off any ideas

jays87gn

Just got my engine back in the car and it runs like crap barley idles and dies the maf reads 4.6 g/s engine off and 9 or 10 when it does idle i slaved in a new sensor and it still does the same thing :confused:

That seems about right. I get 4 engine off. 9 or 10 with engine on is a little high

thanks at least i wont be chasing my tail over the maf any more i probably have the cam position sensor installed wrong

A reading of 9-10 at idle is WAY too high and indicates a badly calibrated MAF.
If it were a healthy MAF it should read 5-6 at idle when warmed up, and between 2-3 at key on, engine off.

Unless there's bad ground in your MAF wiring, etc. Or your chip is bad, etc.

it doesn't idle good at all it idles kinda high it sounds like its miss firing i have to give it gas or it wont even start at all

Turn the key on do not start the motor and press the gas to the floor, the maf value on the scanner should not change, if it goes way up check the maf ground
Mike

base maf is set to 4 the dips are on on on off

also maf value did not change with the gas to the floor

Sounds right so far. Anyone close have a maf sensor you can try. We can test the translator for you if need be. Is this something new you added or was the translatator installed/working before you took the engine out?

it was installed and working before the engine came out i already tried a new maf from the parts store and it read the same. The car acts like it is misfiring ill have to double check the cam position sensor and crank sensor this weekend