MAF install

Mr. Upholsterer

Smoking the Buick
I have a MAF sinsor that is 3.5 inches going on an 85 GN engine...I am putting this in a 83 Regal. Do I need a standard SMP Manifold Pressure Map Sensor to read the info comming from this..?? How do I hook it up to the 85 wiring harness ?? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MAF sensor 001.jpg
    MAF sensor 001.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 180
I have a MAF sinsor that is 3.5 inches going on an 85 GN engine...I am putting this in a 83 Regal. Do I need a standard SMP Manifold Pressure Map Sensor to read the info comming from this..?? How do I hook it up to the 85 wiring harness ?? :rolleyes:

MAP sensor is not needed. You need to get a MAF translator to go between the MAF sensor and the 85 MAF plug on the wiring harness. Make sure the MAF sensor is compatable. Brad

This MAF Sensor came off a Chevy Truck, and the guy said it would work on my car...But how do I know if the Translater is compatable ? Thanks for the Response

contact Mike a full throttle and he can tell you what you need a exactly but any Buick MAF translator will work but you'll also need to upgrade to an 87 ecm for it to work.

Hookin it up

Thanks for the point in the right direction !! I talked to the guys at Full Throttle, it seems I really need a MAF Sensor off a LS1 Camaro 98-2002 and that the one I have off a Chevy Truck will not work. bummer....And Yes I need a 86 or 87 Computer...and some modifications will have to be made to the wiring harness also before it will work....And there is a kit for that made by Casper Electronics in IL.....Well, at least I am pointed in the Right direction now...Thanks for the Info !!! :cool:

Engine swap

I was just talking to somebody that said I should change the wiring harness on the inside of the 83 Buick Regal to an 86 or 86 wiring harness also... Is that right if I am putting in a 84 Grand National engine? This car ( Regal):rolleyes::confused: had a computer controlled Carb on it...but no MAF