made my first 1/4 runs today

buickbert

as some of you may know i recently got the entire drive train redone in my gn. (silly little #5 rod bearing)

i didnt go to wild with the rebuild so the times arent that spectacular or anything, but im happy:biggrin:

went out to sir this morning, went through tech without a hitch.
opened the dump in the pits and headed towards the staging lanes.

pulled up to the line, drove around the water box as i made both runs on my bfg radials. pulled up to the line and staged. i power braked the car to bring up the boost. i didnt wanna do a burnout on the line so i only had it at about 3/4# of boost. lights came down and i went. i limped it out of the hole to avoid spinning. i continued to baby it down the track not putting the pedal to the floor, numbers are as follows;

r/t .106
60' 2.241
330 5.933
1/8 8.880
mph 81.98
1000 11.398
1/4 13.515
mph 106.50

not bad for street radials without full throttle

let the car cool down for a little while and went at it again.
pulled up around the water box again and staged, i decided to try and give it somemore boost at the line. braked the car but i was watching the boost gauge too long:cool: by the time i looked up the 2nd amber was on. i kinda went into panic mode, light turned green and i left at around 5/6# boost. i leaned on it a little harder out of the hole and then stood in it, numbers as follows;

rt .446
60' 2.005
330 5.469
1/8 8.323
mph 86.22
1000 10.789
1/4 12.881
mph 109.29

the scanmaster recorded .5 retard and the first run and slighty more on the second, no problem though i have alky kit going on soon:D

now for my questions;

how much of a difference in et/mph should i see when i put some drag radials or slicks and the alky?

i know a better reaction time and to get the thing staged right would help also.

thx for the input guys
buickbert

bert, some good MT ET Radials 275/60 15's will help you out alot. i have goten 1.60 60's off the foot brake and others have gotten alot more out of them. as far as how much it will help you i say alot. you should be right around a 12.0 for sure. also with more boost and the alky you will be in the 11's in no time. since you have the alky kit already get it installed. then i would buy a powerlogger and and lc-1 so you can tune the car. throwing parts at the car is fine but we need to tune. since you have a TT chip you can adjust alot. lets get you tuned with the alky but we need a powerlogger and a lc-1 in my opinion

With a good set of slicks and a good hard launch maybe 12.0's and faster with Alky. ;) Whats your combo?

With a good set of slicks and a good hard launch maybe 12.0's and faster with Alky. ;) Whats your combo?

.30 over hypers, poston 110 cam, minor head work/ slightly bigger valves.
studded mains/heads, arp rod bolts, postons headers/ crossover, power plate, 009's ta-49, 3" thdp, adjustable fpr, tt chip, rjc boost controller, gbody slic, 3"single shot with dump, azgn "soft parts trans" rebuilt rear w/ moser axles, ta cover, umi tubular suspension. im probably forgetting some little things.

buickbert

Nice times.

What oct fuel were you running, and how much boost on the 109 mph run?
IMHO, the best race days are when the car goes quick, and you uncover a new area that can make you even quicker.

Mike B.

Nice pass but a better reaction time will not improve your ET or MPH. You will have a better chance of winning a race with improved reaction times.

Nice pass but a better reaction time will not improve your ET or MPH. You will have a better chance of winning a race with improved reaction times.

+1, dont worry about reaction time. i have sat there for 6 sec probley. i always watch my boost not the lights.